Saturday, September 24, 2011

King of fishing

Whose sight uncommon has become a regular visitor of mine to come and sit on the Gulmohar tree right opposite to my house at every morning is a delight to see. Sometime I just think of thanking him/her to come and check me every day unlike some dear ones unwilling and feel bored to spent time with me.
Kingfisher
The blue coated, white breasted lady is really a beauty stick to dark red or pink beak and darker blown tufted head as a cap, takes refrain on particular branches either nearby at few steps from our doorstep. I attempt to capture the kingfishers on various moments while they come in search of fishes on the stagnant water opposite to my house, what rains left back as a trace for birds to look after for fishes, snails and frogs.

One day I captured the White-breasted Kingfisher while it took refrain on seed pods of the Gulmohar tree, refusing to move or flip back its position for long time gave me the wonderful opportunity to shoot her. I have tried many times to capture the bird but before I get back with my camera it will fly away… and the bird usual sighted while monsoon prevails and water filled the open ground, but even while it was dry in summer I received this bird at the branch.

I used my point and shoot camera to its maximum optical zooms to this quite nearly shot of the bird which appears little for a large kingfisher measured to be 28cm in length. I captured the white breasted kingfisher on two more occasions and one was while visiting Cubbon park in Banglaore.

13 comments:

venuss66 said...

Nice shot.

ashok said...

its a beauty...

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo...

kalaiselvisblog said...

very nicely taken buddy...

Kalyan said...

You're quite a lucky chap to rise to such beauty every morning. That's a fine clear capture I must say in the maximum zoom level with a P&S camera.

Anya said...

Amazing shot Jeevan
Wow!

Angad Achappa said...

You are quite lucky to have such a wonderful friend... :)

Jyoti Mishra said...

Fantastic capture...
its very beautiful !!!

Urmi said...

Wonderful shot. Very beautiful post.

Pavs said...

Its so beautiful!

Jeevan said...

Thank you all!

Rajesh said...

Great looking bird.

Eden said...

What a lovely creature to see every morning!