Saturday, January 12, 2013

Songs that I cherish

A still from Puthagam
I was listening to the songs of Tamil film 'Puthagam' (Book) and one of the compositions of songs, truly impressed me. 'Mella Pookkudhe' was simply a beautiful song enhanced by Deepa Miria and Bellie Raj in their sugary tone; mesmerize me each time listening to this romantic rendering from James Vasanth.

Those were the same couple (Deepa Miria and Bellie Raj) who sung the awesome song Kangal Irundal has once again enliven with this melodious florescent. The directorial debut of actor Vijay Adiraj’s Puthagam, seems to be a decent romantic thriller which I want to watch after its release and the stills were already fascinated me with Rakul Preet Singh charming in pretty attires. And actor Arya’s brother Sathya leading the center page.

Another song that stole my heart was, 'Moongil Thottam' from Tamil film 'Kadal' (Sea). After long time A.R. Rahman has gifted some cherishing melodies in Kadal; whereas Moongil Thootam fascinates me both lyrically and musically which is hard to describe the depiction rejuvenated at heart. My all time favorite Harni has chanted along with Abhay Jodhpurkar, totally outstanding and couldn't imagine the desire the song supposed to behold on screen when it releases.

Last year I listened to so many songs and during the year end, the above two songs beat like anything and I also couldn't stop praising 'Mazhai Mazhai' and 'Aaha Kaadhal' from 'Moondru Per Moondru Kadhal' (Three Person Three Love). Mazhai Mazhai has truly blessed with sweet lyrics being blissful and music playing pitter patter, drenching through the vocal expressions of Karthik and Shwetha.

3 comments:

Destination Infinity said...

Ok, now I need to listen to both mella pookudhe and moongil thottam. Been out of touch with Tamil songs, hence such recommendations are very useful :)

Destination Infinity

Kalyan said...

And with the pleasure of the season I guess the songs will sound more melodious.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

There is nothing like a great song to capture our imagination and speak to our soul. Music is a beautiful thing.