Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Music on Maryan

Music is my favorite thing always, just like nature and I hate music in the presence of nature singing. It is always joy listening to music or a soothing song causing great relief in the presence of anything stress. The expectations used to be high when first time listening to a song or an anticipated album is released. But once bought a music album (always film songs) I can’t wait anymore or do anything until listening to it quite. From the day bought tape recorder, then, I used to buy audio cassettes (which transferred into CDs once they are introduced) occasionally on specific actors or music directors. I followed this practice until two years back and now all songs are only downloaded from internet but the curious of listening for first time doesn’t hide and it only enhances if the music was composed by A.R. Rahman.

I have found rejoice listening to his latest release Mariyaan (an upcoming Tamil film) and enormously touched by the melting tunes. With simple words, AR has quite engrossed with his sophisticated wisdom in music and recreated a sound of sea (Kadal). I would consider Mariyaan equal to Kadal - which I think one of AR’s best composition ever and my personal favorite on his top chart. ‘Innum Konjam’ is a wonderful song, quite fascinating and soothing the heart. Tabla has played a main stream or resource of this song rhyme by singer Vijay Prakash paired with Swetha Mohan.

‘Nenjae Ezhu’ has sung by AR himself, writing the lyrics along with Kutti Revathi expressed the depth of eternal love. The song sounds similar to AR’s One Love (a single commemorate the beauty of Taj Mahal) is an inspirational one enhanced in AR’s emphasis voice. ‘Naetru Aval’ is so caressing and embracing song in Chinmayees humming vocal and along with Vijay Prakash provoke a sense unexplainable! The mild instruments play a silent music supporting the longing mindset. ‘Enga Pona Raasaa’ is a solo song supporting the same longing mindset in mild music, but in Shakthisrees embraces voice.

The following songs are supposed to travel on high spirits and on fast track tunes: ‘Kadal Raasa Naan’ is quite based on lyrics comprising the struggle on sea and desert sand penned by actor Dhanush - who lead the film. In Yuvan’s voice the song was sharpened more! ‘Sonapareeya’ is very catchy and tuned as fast as speed boat, bearing the lyrics of Vali apart a rap portion written by Sofia Ashraf. The song is interesting to listen but only I don’t know what Sonapareeya means? The last one among the seven was, ‘I Love my Africa’. A song based on African tribal music and quite strange lyrics except Rahman singing on English notes, Blaaze had done great job with the support of Madras Youth Choir gave voice to Africa.
Quite a pleasant album, do check and enjoy!

11 comments:

George said...

I also like music and almost always have my iPod with me when I work in the yard. But when I'm hiking I prefer the music of the mountains and streams around me.

KK said...

I do not understand Tamil, but in 2010, we went to Madurai and Rameswaram, and on the way from Madurai to Rameswaram the taxi driver played some Tamil songs. If you ignore the lyrics, the tempo is similar to Punjabi music. Of course, I had to ignore the lyrics :-)

TexWisGirl said...

i used to listen to music a lot when i was younger. these days i prefer quiet in the house and outside i listen to birds and nature. :)

Karen Lakis said...

I'm not familiar with this music, but I do like listening to all different kinds of music. Also, I just love the peace and quiet of being outdoors with only the birds singing.

geeth said...

Nice review.. and its shows how much you love music! :)

Rajesh said...

Nice review. Even though I do not understand much Tamil songs, I always liked the music and tune.

Destination Infinity said...

I should try listening to a few songs in this movie from raaga. Let me do it after sometime...

Destination Infinity

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Music is one of the most amazing things in the world. It captures so many feelings, emotions, and moments. I love music :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jeevan, Music is my life--my soul---also... I grew up with music all around me --and still enjoy all kinds of music. BUT--I do not enjoy music when I'm out in nature. I enjoy hearing the birds sing, the roar of waterfalls, etc....

Hope you are having a good day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ash said...

I haven't heard any of this latest stuff but AR Rahman is fabulous!! I must give this a listen.

Meoww said...

Ooh, you make me want to listen to this music right now! AR Rahman's music always grows on you with time...