Friday, July 05, 2013

Master checkup - an ever undergone trouble!

I took a master health checkup two days back in a clinic close to our house and suppose to find out that almost everything is normal except slightly increase in blood sugar and indication of BP (blood pressure) in ECG. Though the results are not unfavorable, I had tough time going through one of the test (abdominal ultrasonography) to which I was instructed to drink plenty of water until my tank get full. It wasn’t difficult actually to drink more water, but to control without passing urine until the test complete was quite a struggle and terrible task.

I drank about 1.5 liters of water an hour before we are suppose to be there and as soon we enter the clinic, the bladder began to urge for a release but there was no symptom of call for the test. We waited for half an hour; the receptionist doesn’t have an answer whereas only saying doctor will come soon… wait for five minutes. There were two more five minutes gone and the doctor hadn’t arrived. I was going through severe trouble in bladder or abdomen and don’t want to take the risk of mess up with pants. It was a moment I couldn’t think of anything, lying on the bed next to the scan instrument, the attendant asked to think about what I like more (to divert the  pissing thought)… I could only say the hell!

It was I who want to take the master checkup to confirm everything is fine on basic terms of health (dealing with MD is a different matter), it’s been a year and a half I took a similar one, which confess the diabetes and I know someone who is in sitting position always could invite side effects and with the aid of diabetes anything is possible. I am trying my best in controlling sugar (don’t believe him, he ate half a cup of palkova - a sweet made of milk and sugar - two days early to test) and was regular with medicine and physiotherapy seems to cause an effect only to sustain.  

The abdomen scan doesn’t last more than five minutes but I was going through immense pressure enduring urine and I was only back to normal with everlasting pissing. Sigh! Later I went taking chest X-ray and ECG and following a meeting with doctor and physical exam, I was advised on certain terms to follow and regular check with BP as he find it abnormal. I could only think it is because of intense pressure I went through the abdomen scan had resulted in blood pressure and a mild symptom in ECG. I know it was worth going through the trouble but I don’t know whom to blame - the doctor who came late or I drink water early - anyhow there wasn’t any problem gracefully. J

13 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

My goodness I can't imagine drinking that much water. I can see why you would have been miserable. Thankfully it's over :)

TexWisGirl said...

glad you survived it! what a trial - and very painful, too.

Ramya Ranganathan said...

hmmm... blame both.. the doc who came late and you knowing that late arrival is common in our clinics and you were already prepared :)
good that its over now :) tc

Rajesh said...

I understand you. Even I done this scan and this wait is unbearable.

Renu said...

For the same reason I always detest this test:(

KK said...

My bladder is harsh on me sometimes, I can just feel it being ready after a glass of water :-)

High blood sugar shows that you are a true Indian LoL. Jai Hind!

Destination Infinity said...

1.5 Liters of water?? I sometimes drink only that much for the entire day! Good to know that the results were favorable.

Destination Infinity

Indrani said...

Glad everything went of well. And resist to temptations!

Kalyan said...

Wishing you all the very best of health and life Jeevan...just enjoy every moment of your life.

deeps said...

sounds like that was one long day for you...

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Goodness... I can only imagine going through that kind of pain --not getting to go to the bathroom... Gads! It's no wonder that your BP was higher... Mine would be SKY high by that time.. Bless your heart.... I know you are glad it is over...

Prayers for you.. I lost a good friend this week--not to MD, but to MS...

Hugs,
Betsy

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

That must have been the most terrible wait for the doc ever. :P

But i am glad to know that you are doing fine. :)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Take good care of yourself! You'll be fine.