Sunday, July 14, 2013

Powershot Sunday - Green Marsh Hawk

Green Marsh Hawk

Green marsh hawk is a very common dragonfly I shot not so long ago but I thought of sharing it now. It is one of a difficult shot I shoot, while the dragonfly was hopping from stem to stem on the rose plants potted at home.  It is a yellow dragonfly with a green face and eyes mottled with black, transparent wings with tinted yellow and thorax in greenish yellow with black stripes and broad black rings on green abdomen.

Green Marsh Hawk

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful, clear shots! love that lacy wing!

KK said...

Great photography. You must come to my parents' home in Mohali whenever you come to north India. Lots of such stuff there :-)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Brilliant! Wonders of nature, they never cease to amaze!

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

beautiful macro shot...

well captured...

thanks

Rajesh said...

You have captured it very beautifully.

Destination Infinity said...

Super. I can understand how difficult it would have been to shoot a constantly moving insect, like this. Your photos are clear! :)

Destination Infinity

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love dragonflies. And this one is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - such clarity in these awesome shots.

George said...

These are wonderful photos of the dragonfly. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Vetirmagal said...

Jeevan, I was looking for a hawk in Chennai.:-)

Super photo.

Jyoti Mishra said...

she's beautiful !!

Indrani said...

It is so pretty! I didn't know its name.

Ankita said...

it is so beautiful! in the first shot, it seems like its body is made up of shiny metal, like those Chinese toys. I also loved the patterns of the wings! indeed, mother nature is the best artist :)

Twilight Man said...

Your photography is very good. I am not able to shoot like yours! Shame on me!!!