Monday, July 01, 2013

Preserve nature

Instead of blaming each other we need to learn lessons from disaster. However powerful we are can’t beat certain things and nature is foremost and if we try to overtake it will end at accident. I don’t believe in god exist but consider nature is the preparation of everything; and idols are nothing but a man made natural formation in shape of men, women and symbols he sees sacred. It was terrible reading different stories each day on the Uttarakhand flash-flood and landslide that buried number of lives, livelihoods and dwellings. I spent some time on the Google maps tracing the routes to Badrinath and Kedarnath, and find it quite awful that the roads were winding thoroughly beside the river Ganges for nearly 300 km.

I don’t believe people who went there were quite contributed to devotion, but tourist in name of pilgrimage to enjoy holiday in Himalayas. It’s simply the bliss nature holds there drags tourist to these remote places despite tough condition in weather and landscape, putting risk at each pace across the mountains and valleys. No wonder, I do wish meeting nature at its farther and I think it’s the facilities that want us to go there and moreover its man’s mistake laying roads deep inside the nature resources inviting devastation himself.

I have traveled across almost mountains and ranges in Tamil Nadu and some of the routes were challenging without proper roads, hire me to unspoiled nature and forest environment. There is nothing fascinates me in this world like nature and at the same time I care for its stable… and thinking on this lane, some time latter in days I decided not to write or post picture on places that are enrich and raw in  environment. Thus, I avoided posting on some wonderful places that I loved visiting however pristine, pleasure and exciting it was, I want to keep it away from public view thinking it may preserve damaging the nature wonders.

I too feel that I am doing injustice to others by not unfolding the folder of pictures and lack of description about the places that I relish a lot with nature at best. But I think not many would be hidden for long, as I get to know that one of a place that I think nature’s summit has turned into Eco-tourism. The government is promoting anything available with nature exist but I hope they preserve it as well quite. 

15 comments:

Patrycja (photoopassion) said...

Welcome. Interesting post. Have a nice day. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Jeevan, We have been on vacation for 2 weeks --so am just now getting back to blogging.

YES---we do need to preserve nature. You know how much George and I love nature. But--humans aren't doing all that they can to preserve it... Makes me sad.

Hugs,
Betsy

Optimistic Existentialist said...

If we don't take care of nature ans protect it...it won't protect us. We are given a beautiful gift with this earth...I pray we don't destroy it.

TexWisGirl said...

i admire your resolve in not publishing photos of 'hidden' or not well known areas to help protect them further.

Indrani said...

Secret places?! :)
Please do share, I promise not to spoil it.

Renu said...

whether govt does something or not..we as individual must do whatevr we can in our own way..

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Big lessons to learn, indeed. Hopefully our posterity will be much better than us?

KK said...

I am not really sure if my people only go to mountain side pilgrimage for tourism only. Because there are other places too. My parents went to Amarnath last year, and to Chamunda devi in Himachal in 2009, and in 2010 we (including me) went to Madurai and Rameswaram, so that is many places.

This year, my parents had decided to visit Badrinath, but thanks to my dad not getting leaves, all they could do was fight each other over it, and later take sighs of relief :-)

You are spot on about taking care of nature. In Uttarkhand, the government had tried to convert about 140 km length of the Ganges as environmentally vulnerable, but thanks to the land mafia-politician nexus, that could never happen. And guess where construction waste goes? Into our 'beloved' Ganges, along with any industrial waste. (Thankfully not a lot of industry in Uttarkhand)

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

Indeed post...

more development makes more destruction.

thanks jeevan...

Destination Infinity said...

There is always a price we need to pay for development. Sooner we realize and do something about it, the better. Otherwise, we have to face the consequences.

Destination Infinity

George said...

It's difficult to find the perfect balance between tourism and preserving nature, but we need to do a better job before we completely ruin everything. We enjoy finding out-of-the-way places to hike and to stay while we're enjoying nature.

Vetirmagal said...

Beatiful post and timely reminder to all of us.

How to preserve is what we need to learn. We can visit unspoiled, pristine lands, but we need to know how not disturb. Till we are educated in eco friendly conscience, we need to stay away from those little pockets of country.

Where there is a will there is a way. But our collective senses do not care .

Rajesh said...

Very true, we are good at abusing nature without realizing someday it will boomerang one day.

Rahul Bhatia said...

Preserving the nature is far more important than rampant misuse which lead to catastrophic situations!

Kalyan Panja said...

beautiful captures and lovely reading about the place!