Monday, September 16, 2013

வானவில் / Rainbow

வானவில் / Rainbow
மேகம் வந்து குடைபிடிக்க
சாரல் பின்னணியில்
மின்னல்  மின்னி அடுத்த படம்;  
வானவில்லின் வண்ண புகைப்படம்.

Clouds gather to hold umbrella
in the drizzle background
an image captured at lightening flash;
a colorful photograph of rainbow.
 

Footnote:

Above is a photo I shot at Kodaikanal while come back from Poombarai…  I witnessed more than couple of rainbows within less than 10km radius.  Here is a rainbow captured near Pillar Rocks and never like before, the place was so empty with all shops shut, we stopped the car in the middle of the road and shot this marvelous rainbow which I ever seen such colorful and long visible curve. If you look careful, there’s a trace of another rainbow above the present one.

17 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I do see the trace of the second one Jeevan! What a great capture. Rainbows are what dreams are made of.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is lovely!

Destination Infinity said...

Nice pic. I haven't seen a rainbow (in reality) since many years. Hope I could get a chance soon...

Destination Infinity

Jyoti Mishra said...

lovely Capture Jeevan..
beautiful..
I love rains for giving us opportunity to witness such a beautiful thing..

your words added another beauty

TexWisGirl said...

i love a double rainbow! wonderful!

Pooja Mittal said...

Rainbow is so clearly evident , it looks fab...
I love rains, it washes everything and makes it glow..
Keep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

Ramakrishnan said...

Rainbows are rare to see and you have captured this one beautifully.

Twilight Man said...

Recently we had double rainbows hovering our skies quite often. The local folks believed this sightings as good omen.

Arti said...

Love the picture and those lines "Clouds gather to hold an umbrella" so beautiful :) Like DI says, even I haven't seen a rainbow since many years now :(

deeps said...

In fact we need rainbow and sunshine days now here :P

Elsie Amata said...

I see the double rainbow! It's beautiful!!

Sandhya said...

Beautiful capture! Yes, I noticed a second rainbow!

The beauty of the picture is enhanced because of the trees which are just dark outlines!

I noticed a rainbow just two days back when we were coming back from Madurai. But the scenery was not this beautiful!

George said...

This is a wonderful capture of the double rainbow. I like your poem as well.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Yes, I see the 'double' rainbow. Great photo, Jeevan. I always look for a rainbow after a storm --when the sun comes back out....

Hugs,
Betsy

Rajesh said...

The rainbow looks awesome.

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

i am so jealous of you Jeevan for you got to experience such a classic moment.

and i am in love with this pic.

Anonymous said...

Wow, twin rainbows! I have myself had the pleasure of seeing them three or four times.

The thamizh kavidai accompanying the picture is exquisite. You should write more of those!