Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dishonoring

Ghandhi Ji
I think TASMACs are shutdown on Gandhi Jayanthi? But what if drinking in front of his statue? It’s happening in one of a lodge in Periyakulam where I once stayed for a night. There is a Gandhi statue and Ganesha idol in the courtyard of this lodge facing back a wine shop bar. What is there in closing the wine shops only on Gandhi’s birthday and making cheers the liquor remaining days in front of his statues?

It was quite hesitating for us staying there as a family for whole night and we moved out immediately in the morning asking our friend there to seek another place for accommodation. I later hear from someone that it was the only best lodge in Periyakulam… I only think the best itself seems worst; there is nothing to say about others.  It’s quite dishonoring people drink around keeping the statue of the father of the nation in center. Wish they remove the bar or statue from there.

I was browsing through my flickr stream and find this photo I uploaded sometime and thought to share it, as today marks the assassination of Gandhi called Martyrs day

13 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

it does sound like unfortunate placement of the statue and liquor store.

Destination Infinity said...

Oh, I didn't know today was Martyrs day! Thanks for letting me know about that...

Destination Infinity

Sandhya said...

If this news comes in the local newspaper, they might remove the statue of Gandhiji at least, I think. If nobody objects, the statue will stay there.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I totally understand. People in our country are constantly dishonoring some of our prized traditions (like our flag).. Seems as if people don't have much respect anymore for anything... Sad, isn't it???
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

It's a shame that the father of your country is being dishonored this way, but such disrespect is becoming common over here as well.

Indrani said...

That is really bad! Wish someone responsible there would take notice.

ashok said...

well said Jeevan...Its a hypocritical society that we live in..

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This is very sad and disrespectful. They definitely didn't think this through...

Magia da Inês said...

°♪♬♫º°
Passei para uma visita ao seu blog.

°º✿♫ Bom fim de semana!
°º✿ Beijinhos.
º° ✿✿ ♫° ·.

Unknown said...

My Lord, I can't believe this. I just discovered a Youtube song by Johnny Cash called 'My God They Killed Him'. I have always been a Johnny Cash fan and he is now passed, but I just don't know why I have never seen this or heard it before. You may not know Johnny Cash who was a very popular country and gospel singer who crossed through many layers of our culture. Try looking at it on You Tube....Johnny Cash My God They Killed Him

Renu said...

But can we remove liqour from the country completely..not possible and same for tobacco cigarettes..

Vetirmagal said...

Sad. Hope he local administration wakes up , and spares the insult to the Father of the nation.

Akanksha Jain said...

A sheer disrespect to great personalities. If not bapu, it could have been any anyone with great persona. In India, some people have no dignity left