Sunday, January 05, 2014

Reflection 2013

Reflection
Picture by Jeevan
The year 2013 wasn’t great for me, unlike the beginning of the year that wake up to cheerful cake-cutting and get-together with cousins and following trip to Javadu Hills… the house shifting, father’s bike accident and my femur fracture are greater setback of the previous year. I never thought that we will shift to an individual house, but things happened all of sudden and we shifted house in about a week of time going through it. The spacious rooms and corridor, garden space and silent environment, large windows and natural light attracted me to this home but we only find the hidden dragons almost settled! Lol 

We experienced extreme heat during the summer season, which we chosen for shifting house has been a great mistake and also deciding the house just with the look of it is another error we had done this year. In the monsoon and winter, ever like before we exposed to mosquitoes bite… day or night they are always around us, even in extreme hot condition they survives quite. The initial strike of the latter year happened when dad skid off the bike and got severe wound in ankle along with hair crack, has dropped away the cheer of 2013. With no help from any other, mom had to take care of all things single handedly and cooking isn’t a tough job for her but taking care of me as a single woman has no words to describe.

Just like that that where there is an end, there is a beginning… when thinking that everything was back to normal - dad almost recovered - my fracture on femur drawback to extreme level. Still unable to believe that I got fracture, because I haven’t actually fall dawn but while shifting from a stool to wheelchair, the chair moved and I was seated on the floor in my knee, bending fully. Normally my knee won’t bend after certain level but that day my entire body weight has bear on the bended knee, which causes fracture above the knee on the femur bone. Doctor says it’s not a bone that breaks easily, but the reality was, my bones are so weak and being a muscular dystrophy patent it seems like a normal thing. Only now we have come to know about it… so therefore we need more attention towards it also.

I have planned to do certain things in 2013, but dad’s injury and my fracture had pushed away… but the things aren’t that impossible to achieve and I hope they could wait for their time to come. The most favorite thing for me was traveling. I could think they are the best part of my life, because traveling is not that easy for a wheelchair rider and however it was difficult I love to do so. And not to forget, nothing is possible without my parents, and it’s their strength and affection that make my dreams come true. Vacations are the happier time for anyone of us, and in latter year too I had a wonderful one and also exploring new places were another delight.

For the last six months I haven’t travelled out of the city and in that, the last three months were like hell shut inside the home. Watching television and music where the only entertainment and I couldn’t sit back longer to read something and touched extreme level on boring while lying and staring at TV. It was never like before I was forced to take bed rests, except night times I generally won’t lie for any reason unless fall ill. Words can’t describe how terrible I felt and still feeling the pain on the progress of knee bending, which still holds 20% stiffness that resist me keeping my feet on the wheelchair’s footrest quite.

What really worry me now was, could I able to regain my standing ability which helped me then for shifting my seat from one another. Actually I used to stand on my left leg and right one just support for balance, though there won’t be much difficult since the fracture happened only on the right one, but I still worry about. I still haven’t tried climbing into a car; I’m waiting for my last review on fracture to confirm quite recovery. In-between we are looking for another house shifting this month, without much hurry and with the latter experience we make sure that we don’t repeat the mistakes choosing the house.

This is also the longest break I have taken in blogging, unless I am ill I could not avoid blogging, because it is the only source of sharing which makes me feel quite. Even I find Facebook and Flickr as other sharing option, blogging could never replace, at least at this moment… I missed this place a lot. I am back, but not quite… but I decided to make a slow entry and don’t mistake me, if I haven’t check yours. I will slowly catch up with everyone. Btw. Thank you all so much for the well wish and I also hope it was a wonderful beginning for you all this year. Take care and have a great year ahead.

16 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

Hello Jeevan
You have been through some pretty tough times - what with your fathers accident and your own fracture and being forced to remain indoors for so many months. I am sure the worst id behind you and the coming months will only be better and better and bring you abundant joy and cheer. so do not worry. Things will work out well and fine. Best Wishes
Ram

TexWisGirl said...

you and your parents have been through a lot in 2013, no doubt. physical pain and healing. i hope your recovery continues so that you can regain the movement and strength you had before to resume being able to travel more.

as for the house hunting, i hope you can find the right place to move to that will still give you a delightful area to watch birds, but with more comfort.

Sandhya said...

You are going to be alright soon, Jeevan! This year is going to be great for you! The new house will bring cheer to your life.

Take care. All the best.

ashok said...

I wish you the best for 2014 Jeevan...May this year be a great year for u and ur family...

Renu said...

Wish you a happier 2014 and faster recovery Jeevan !Life always throws some challenges to us to see how we cope with them.And good luck to your shifting home..may you find a house to your liking this time!

Rajesh said...

I hope and pray for this year to be extremely pleasing to you with more fun and travel.

Simran said...

Life is like that, unpredictable. Steps of positivism makes the walk easier. I wish this new year brings a lot of happiness and peace to you and your family.

Happy New Year :)
Best wishes!

George said...

You certainly had more than your share of troubles in 2013, but I'm hoping that 2014 will be a much happier year for you and your family.

Destination Infinity said...

Good to know that you have almost recovered. Wishing you all the very best for new year and new travels :)

Destination Infinity

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I for one and very very glad that you've been blogging again lately. I missed your blog while you were gone! And I am glad that 2013 is behind you and I hope 2014 is your best year ever :)

Twilight Man said...

Hello remember me?? Happy New Year!

I am sure you know many prayers that could be recited and bless you with a smooth year ahead!

Your photo is nice and unique. Nice!

Vetirmagal said...

Happy New year and a good year ahead Jeevan. All the best. Keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh - so very sorry to hear about your fracture and just when you dad's is getting better.

I really hope you can do much more of the things you love this year.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Bless your heart... You have had a rough year. I hope that 2014 is a MUCH better year for you and your family.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

You have had a tough year in 2013. I did too. I am hoping that in 2014, which is as a double of 7, we will have a better and more peaceful year all over the world. I will not be upset if you don't go back to read all my blogs since we met. Go ahead if you are bored but I definitely do not want a response from you on each of them. Sometimes when I travel and don't have an Internet connection or the time to blog, I get way behind with everyone. This blogging should be a pleasure, but I can so make it into a chore. Let's not do that to ourselves. I am almost finished my last Christmas blog. Just read it and don't feel you need to go back to older posts. Mind you I do go back as I am nosey about other cultures. Yours is fascinating to me. I want to learn. I think you could be a good teacher for me in the wilds of western Canada.

Aditi said...

Jeevan glad to see you back! Sending lots of positive energy! Wishing you ans your family a happy, healthy and blessed 2014! Tk cre...