Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sri Vidhya Ganapati Temple @ HIMT Campus

I have been on ECR (east coast road) many time, but haven’t led beyond Mamallapuram that much on the scenic road and during my occasional drives across Kalpakkam, I used to come across a Lil beautiful temple/shrine on the left side of the road and within a compound wall and gate, that led inside, the temple look pretty in white. During a course to Alambarai Fort few years back, I stopped and clicked pictures on the temple (from the road) but I haven’t noticed the name of the temple, the idol it hold, even more than 2-3 time I have passed the temple after that, I had no idea of looking beside.

Sri Vidhya Ganapati Temple @ ECR

But during my recent drive to Pondicherry, I come to know the name of the temple – Sri Vidhya  Ganapati Temple, from a board at the entrance. So it is a temple dedicated to Ganesha, also known as Ganapati and Vinayaka. At home when I Google with the name of the temple and locating it on the maps, I get to know the temple belong to the Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training (HIMT) and the temple is located at the entrance of their HIMT Pre Sea campus near Vengambakkam Junction, where one of the roads led to Kalpakkam Atomic Station. What interesting was the temple’s architecture, which enhances a style of Jain Temple? 

10 comments:

Sandhya said...

Even I have passed this route many times but never entered this temple. Thanks for mentioning the name of the deity. Let me try to visit next time!

Uppal said...

The beautiful temple exudes serene vibes. Great temple architecture! A surprise find!

TexWisGirl said...

wow, it's beautiful! and so is that fence!

Pooja Mittal said...

the temple id beautiful but i have never heard of a ganpati temple in south of india, nice :)
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indianbeautydiary.com

GreenComotion said...

Jeevan,
This is a very beautiful temple and a very nice photo!
I am happy you get to see all these beautiful places on your trips.

I am reminded of the Lakshmi Narayan Temple in Jaipur (which I have only seen in photographs). You can see it here - http://www.holidaytravel.co/destination/pink_city_jaipur_tour_guide/Places-to-Visit-In-Pink-City.htm,

Happy Earth Day!

Have a Beautiful Day!!
Peace :)

Simran said...

Your curiosity led you into the temple, again :)
It's beautiful!

Destination Infinity said...

Yes, it's like a Jain Temple, and Jain Temples are beautiful! I am yet to go inside one yet, though.

Destination Infinity

Indrani said...

A beautiful temple.

Rajesh said...

That is a beautiful temple.

Arti said...

Looks very beautiful and tranquil, the pristine white color accentuates the magnificent aura and the beauty.