Saturday, February 27, 2016

Oriental Magpie Robin

Magpie Robin

This photo was captured few years back while we reside at our apartment house in Thiruvanmiyur and staying there for about 8 years I got to see many birds, which come in search of prey in the open vegetation that widespread in front of our house. And Magpie robin (oriental) is not a frequent bird to visit the site unlike the water birds, green parrots, babblers, Asian koels and my favorite kingfishers. I remember seen the magpie robin lesser times but this shot comes as a memorable one. Although I have more detailed and clear pictures on birds, this is something make feel special and consider as one of my best shots.

The oriental magpie-robin is a small passerine bird, in distinctive black and white, with a long tail that is usually held upright as they forage on the ground or perch conspicuously. The bird that belongs to Indian subcontinent and parts of Southeast Asia is considered as the national bird of Bangladesh. 

Linking this post with SATURDAY CRITTERS

Btw. I'm very sorry and sad to know and say our fellow blogger buddy, Tina, the EG Camera Girl has passed away along with her husband on 23rd in a car accident. I was really thinking why she haven't update her blog for last few days... she's a regular blogger and blog post at least one daily and I learn more about her place, Ontario, through the blog and she's a greater observer and creative at shoot and finding out things. I am sure to miss her interesting posts and presence in blog. Hope they are rested at peace.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan, It is nice to see this pretty Magpie Robin. It is a new bird for me to learn. Lovely shot. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

Sandhya said...

We too see this bird near our house often! I love their sound! The picture is very beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

PS, to answer your question. Tina and her husband were killed in a tragic car accident on the 23rd. She will be missed, such sad news.

GreenComotion said...

Beautiful capture, Jeevan!
I love the way you have framed the bird with adequate natural surroundings.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)

Rajesh said...

You have captured it beautifully.

TexWisGirl said...

what a beauty!

Destination Infinity said...

Nice bird - have never seen a black-and-white bird!

RIP. Sometimes life gives a big blow, we can't help it.

Destination Infinity

Anonymous said...

That magpie is a beauty. I don't think I've ever seen one in person. Not that I can recall anyway. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your blogger friend and her husband. My heart goes out their family. That's horrible.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot.

Indrani said...

Great pic Jeevan.