Thursday, October 20, 2016

Oct 17

Like how a wound may heal but not the scar. Three years had passed since I got fracture in leg but the scar continues to bother me invisibly and indirectly. No, I have no issues with the fractured leg but the loss of the ability to stand has affected me at various levels. I really don’t want to think about the ever painful days of my life and passing each day had been an eon then until the fracture healed and knee become flexible. My inability to stand affected my travel a lot and I am depended beyond my parents to put me into the car and having an SUV it’s quite difficult. Thought I’m looking forward for a remedy by exchanging our car, the inability to stand put me down on other sides too.

I believe it’s perhaps because of the loss of the standing position I experience scoliosis, due to sitting most of the day time unlike early where I used to stand for few ministers daily when transferred from once place to another. I know even if I continued to stand the scoliosis is unavoidable at later stage of muscular dystrophy, so I would say the fracture has brought steps forward reaching this position early. In last three years my travel has come down with limited distance travel and access and transferring becomes easy only with two people at aid. Many of my plans were shattered in few seconds of that slip between the bath stool and wheelchair, and the unexpected incident had made my life very difficult in many ways. I started to use traction belt for my pelvic pain and scoliosis, daily for an hour and I’m still looking for a lateral support for my curvature.

8 comments:

Lady Fi said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hope you get some pain relief.

TexWisGirl said...

i'm so sorry, jeevan. i know this has changed your daily life.

Renu said...

sometimes life brings so many challenges, but then when we take them head on..it goes on..

Devilish Angel said...

Wounds always leave scar behind. Both physically and mentally. Take care Jeevan...

Arti said...

I can understand how tough and painful this must be for you. I truly admire your spirit for you have endured so much, I hope things only get better and better for you.

Destination Infinity said...

I hope you get better soon and even the scar doesn't remain anymore..

Destination Infinity

Sandhya said...

Oh...but I think given time, you might get better! You are a positive person, I know, Jeevan!

Twilight Man said...

I know this is a very sad and painful part of life. Try to be positive and cheer up with prayers. My best friend who had been paralyzed after his swimming pool diving accident has moved on and managed to get married to a beautiful lady who cares and loves him.