Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Chennai turns Chill

It’s supposed to be a downpour season in Chennai, of course across the state of Tamil Nadu, due to northeast monsoon, but what’s happening was cool enough. For more than a week the weather feels unusually cold (even cooler than Bangalore), and in place of rain, the winter took advance, and when we were thinking that rains have concluded the tidings report of rain in few days since the low pressure in ocean turned cyclone "Nada". Even at this time of mid noon the blowing wind was cool enough to make feel goose bump and reminding the vacation times in Ooty and Kodaikanal.

Though the weather was cool enough, I sense dryness during the nights and my throat get intensely dry by the time of dawn and I was forced to wake up and take some glass of water. Being a type 2 diabetes, dry throat and water loss is a common thing, but these days it has been intense and mildly interrupts the breathing. Though it sounds unlike a serious problem, the unusualness makes me feel difference and I was glad that something disturbing me mental let me go off for last few days… and i hope it disappears soon.

Still I feeling wonder about the weather and the much anticipated northeast monsoon (since the widespread southwest monsoon failed to live up to) seems to be unfair this year, unlike the torrential rains that stroke Chennai and Cuddalore at this time last year and created a historic flood. First it was predicted to be an average rainfall this year and later it was announced to be less than normal and now it becomes obvious there could be minimum rainfall with the arrival of low pressed.

The year has almost come to end and there wasn’t even minimum rainfall to feel happy.  Even though abundant rain may cause problem, apparently we could not live without it and a small kind of suffering couldn’t be avoided sustaining for a year. Right now I am enjoying the weather that seems to be nostalgic i.e. after long time I sense refreshing through the weather of Chennai. Even at the time of torrential rains (the unforgettable Dec.1) it wasn’t cool enough… if you are in Chennai don’t miss to exit whether you in office or home, just chill outside the door. 

7 comments:

Sandi said...

It sounds lovely, Jeevan! Hope you do get some rain, but not too much.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you are a diabetic, Jeevan. My hubby is Type 1, so I understand how important it is to stay hydrated. I hope the rain you get isn't too much but enough to sustain you.

Sandhya said...

Cyclone Nada has weakened, it seems. So less rain this year. But the water table is pretty good, in Chennai, I read. So no need to worry much.

Take care Jeevan.

Rajesh said...

Good to here that temperature has cooled down in Chennai.

Lady Fi said...

Enjoy the weather and I hope the rain comes soon.

Destination Infinity said...

It's chill alright, but we need more rains. The amount of rainfall this year seems to be very less. Let's hope for one more (mini) depression this month :)

Destination Infinity

Twilight Man said...

This year the winter is unusually cold in the north with much snow. I just returned from my 10 days trip to North West China where it was minus temperature daily. Keep warm Jeevan.