Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Deepavali 2016 – Up and Downcast

This year’s Deepavali wasn’t bad but I was disappointed in many ways. First thing was I was unable to get out of the house, taking a glance at the neighbourhood’s Deepavali celebration, because of the preventive action (for rainwater) taking place at the premises that blocked the gateway for my wheelchair to pass on. Only 2013 Deepavali went off quite inside the house due to my fracture in leg and now I was fine but the situation turned against me to ban me coming out of the house. I ordered some fireworks at online and had fun watching them lighting up in the evening with the help of one of my uncle who had come home and I took his company and thus it kept away my lonesome celebration.  Though I didn’t expect my cousins to greet me on the occasion or share the moment (I believe expectation is the main reason for disappointment, but that’s not mean not at all to expect), there’s something make me frustrated about their lack of present or interest showing up during the festival of lights.

Deepavali fireworks

I know attitudes/priorities change as people grow and expose to various things, but I strongly believe that festivals and special occasions are created for people to come together and experience the happiness by sharing. I believe sharing is the concept behind everything and meaning of life is truly depended on something sharing. Though there are lonesome occasions to enjoy our solitude and to do things that quite independent, there’s always someone to support each other and look forward to lead happy relationship. We had brought nothing to take away, but I know, to live we need to hold on and relationship is one strong hold that keep us supporting wherever we go. The relationship I mean here is beyond family relation and I have come to see life beyond a circle where connectivity and sharing happening between people who doesn’t need to be our relatives or friends.  

The passed 2016 Deepavali left a notion in me to find things and happiness using my self-intention and interest with people available, either they hold a similar perception or not. Though this is not the first time I come to a conclusion alike and I’m one easily melt away however strong iceberg I am. Lol. There are certain things we could sacrifice or adjust to lead a relationship but not with one      who couldn’t consider or remind about a relationship exists. We haven’t come into this world without anyone’s support and there had been people at our various stages of life, we perhaps forget some or some missed away from sight or contact, but there should be someone dear or closely connected with whom sharing becomes imperative. Though we can’t force anybody to sustain in relationship, but missing someone during special occasion hurts and it really needn’t to be exposed because it hurts more when they refused directly.

I know I began somewhere and end here. Anyway I had a wonderful Deepavali and the happiness   sharing sweets with few neighbors, and lighting fireworks and the company of my uncle and spending time on television makes feel good. This year the noise of crackers has been less, thanks to the awareness of people, but still our neighborhood burst heavy and made more smokes to prevent us coming out of home. I hold interest more on fireworks that turn sky with magnificent light and colors. Below is few shots just  took for fun using firework sparkles.

IMG_3575 IMG_3577 IMG_3578 IMG_3576
IMG_3555
Fireworks i purchased online

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful fireworks! I'm sorry your cousins weren't there. I'm glad your Uncle was!

Twilight Man said...

I am very surprised that you could purchase fireworks online. It won't happen here in my country. LOL
People do change over the years and I had seen closest friends and relatives slowly disappeared out of sight. I like the Buddhism's teachings to have no attachment to everything so that I have a peaceful mind.

Lady Fi said...

So glad you had a warm and wonderful Diwali. I like your photos with the sparklers - so lovely!

Destination Infinity said...

The fireworks geometric photos are simply superb. We gain some relationships and we lose some - that's life.

Destination Infinity

Shilpa said...

Loved the blog . Happy Diwali to you !
Now , even I celebrated Diwali alone with one candle , one mathapu and one kambi thiru . I made gulab jamun myself and ate it . Weird I know ! These days cousins and families are lost . They don't exist . They will come to existence when money comes in . So you are not alone . There are so many like you . Enjoy it ! People who need you will stay with you . One loyal friend is equivalent to 1000000 relatives . God bless .

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousins. It reminds me of a saying I learned along the way, "Expectations can lead to premeditated resentments." I used to get that way with my family too. The fireworks are beautiful.

Karen Lakis said...

I'm happy you were able to enjoy the celebration with your uncle! I always love making figures with sparklers NU have never tried to take pictures of them - very cool!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jeevan
Have been following your blog since years .
was disheartened - relationaships have their ups and downs
dont worry
happy to know your Diwali was wonderful


Sandhya said...

Your fireworks are beautiful, Jeevan!

You will get more different type of friends or relatives at different stages of life. I am still learning to take life as it comes!!!

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shots of fireworks. Wish you Happy Deepavali.

Devilish Angel said...

Lovely fireworks photos. You have lot of blog friends Jeevan and I am sure all will remain your friends forever :)