Monday, February 06, 2017

RGB Monday

Here’s RGB Monday to keep away your Monday Blues and make feel colourful and yet cheerful! And this Link-in feature invites your colourful photos with the content of RGB – Red, Green, and Blue. Please add your link-in at the comment section (along with your comment)and it will be mentioned at the bottom of the post.

A colourful and yet delicious grocery shop on the outskirt of Chennai.

IMG_4395

I shot the picture at a small town next to Cholavaram on way to Periyapalayam, in  north of Chennai. The shop seems to sell adequate for a small towns alike and what hangs over are fruits and locally produced snacks. But the baskets beneath has what I looking for the post, the RGB colors.

I always like these small kinds of shops than malls, where we get anything that a household needs and we could move friendly with the shopkeepers and was adjustable in many ways. I have purchased a lot from the grocery shops alike from the childhood, and having one adjacent to our house we could buy anything without paying but they used to have a note and collect money at the end of a week or month. And we could communicate socially with them while purchasing and they could be trustworthy because many a time our house keys are given at them to give back to family members if one exit house.

Pls. do share if you have experience with small grocery shops J

1. Devilish Angel

11 comments:

Devilish Angel said...

During the note ban problem, these near by grocery shopkeepers helped their regular customers. And there is trust between shop keeper and the regular customer. http://ynotenjoyinglifeinmyownway-ii.blogspot.in/2017/02/rgb-monday.html

Rajesh said...

Great shot of colourful grocery shop.

Gosia said...

grocery shop looks nice definitely small shops are friendlier than biiger ones. Love from Europe

Twilight Man said...

I grew up in the environment of small sundry shops where the family owned operators would know all their regular customers. Now they are fading off with the new trend of supermarkets where no one speaks or smiles to anyone. Times have changed and soon we might have robots serving us. LOL

Sandhya said...

Many many years back, when I was small, I used to run errands for my mother and one small shopwala used to give my and my sister groundnut burfies. So we never went to other shops except his!

Nice post, Jeevan and I liked the RGB photo too!

Destination Infinity said...

I miss such one-to-one interaction with shopkeepers in Chennai. Earlier there was, but not now. I wish there were blue bananas hanging there to make this a perfect RGB shot :)

Destination Infinity

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great picture and so colorful for RGB Monday.... I love seeing lots of colors this time of year when it is so drab and color-less here in Winter.

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I visited a small shop like this the year I lived in China. I really like your photo.

Renu said...

I too like such local shops and prefer them.

Lady Fi said...

Love the colours.

Karen Lakis said...

I love the small shops, too. Your photo allows me to see a little of your shops!