Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Delete a Photo

One of the difficult things for me was to delete a photo. Taking photos isn’t pretty easy for me but the passion keeps me engaged and clicking while traveling in car is really difficult though I try my best taking clear photos, many go out of focus or shaken when in move. I know this is a normal thing to happen with normal people, but what matter was deleting those taken with great effort. I used to take many photos during my travel and back at home I had to filter/delete many photos that weren’t good to maintain space in laptop.

Effect of oil paint

During the travel we capture many interesting places, moments and sight, but not everything comes under well focused and deleting it for some interruption is really difficult.  By this way I hold lot of photos and some were quite blur that no one could identify except myself who experienced the shoot and the picture continue to be a reminder of the moment or significant of the place or subject. We take random shots on things to be deleted, later keeping the good ones but the thing was coming to the term of deleting we continue to like the image for some reason.

IMG_6251

Few such photos are here where I have no mind to delete. First one was cropped from a picture and i was impressed by the scene but it was gloomy and bit more grainy, so I applied oil paint. Second was doped in same, where the focus went wrong, instead on capturing the pretty colourful temple I only got blur as the focus went on steering. Not to forget it was drizzling outside. 

I ever over edit my photos or want to showcase what is not there and I believe editing of any photo works only if there’s something in the picture. I’m using Photoshop from very long time and my editing of photos always remain mild with brightness contrast, exposure, sharpening and reduce noise but these help hand only to a level. I just want to show how it really looked rather adding extra effects. Now I started to experiment with photos that went wrong and its really interesting to play with various filters which I don’t use mostly. 

13 comments:

ashok said...

keep experimenting :)

Gosia said...

I like the first photo

George said...

You've gotten some wonderful images with your editing -- I hope you will continue to experiment with photos rather than simply deleting them. I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Uppal said...

Hi Jeevan,
I know how difficult it is click from the moving car. I don't edit my pictures except some cropping, which I do to improve the focus.In fact, among all the pictures we take only few are worth sharing.I always delete the ones i don't like.

Destination Infinity said...

I like filters, but I like to use them appropriately. An action scene, for example, looks well with motion blur. Now only I am experimenting with filters in GIMP. I like it so far :)

Destination Infinity

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots.

Twilight Man said...

I am also a blogger who has taken thousands of photos today and stored them everywhere in my mobile phone, laptop, office PC and 2 external hard disks. I am going crazy each time I thought about disposing some but shelved the ideas! LOLOL

Sandhya said...

My picasa album is full of shaken and dark pictures. Sometimes I sit and delete them one by one. Then find some good ones and my mind triggers to the incident when it was taken. Time flies....

I like your photos. Good hobby!

Alok singhal said...

I don't use filters, but nothing wrong using them them if they also show an artistic side of you.

Some of your pictures are marvelous. Editing is a part of photography 😊

Nancy Chan said...

I have taken many photos and have deleted many of them too, especially those that were blur. Thanks to filters and edit photo apps, some of the photos can be saved. Have a beautiful day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan,:) It is really difficult to take photos in a moving car. I don't remember rescuing many, and then without the aid of Photoshop, or Pick Monkey, ...simply because, I do not have the energy to start learning new things, and have never tried, but I like what you did with the colourful temple.:)

Rajesh said...

You have taken wonderful shots from the moving car.

carol l mckenna said...

We all go through not taking great photos ~ great photos though from a moving car ~ ^_^