Saturday, April 28, 2018

Herd of Sheep

IMG_4959

Those who follow me know that I love taking road-less travelled and every time I plan a trip I try to explore some unusual places and routes and this way I took an unusual road to Kodaikanal last year, which took me through refreshing sights. By taking this road I have covered all the motored roads to Kodaikanal, even though it’s a link road it takes through some beautiful mountain villages, including Thandikudi, where my uncle built the woodhouse. The 40 km detour takes us through newly scenes and experience of traveling. It was showering and drizzling alternately as we travel through the countryside, we come across herds of sheep blocking the road for a distance we could see.

IMG_6241

Although it took few minutes for the shepherds to clear the sheep, seeing such big herd is a wonderful scene and allowed me to take photos on the same. Since it was about 4 pm, looks like the sheep are driven back to their shelter following grazing through the day. There were more than 3 big herds of sheep following one behind another and for us it was a long journey from Chennai and as we move close to the mountains the weather turned gloomy and rainy which was the reason I couldn’t get more clear photos and the following ones are shot from inside the car.

IMG_6243

IMG_6246

IMG_6255

Linking this post with SATURDAY CRITTERS

11 comments:

Sandi said...

The mountains and scenery are beautiful!

It looks like all those sheep are led by that one young man. That is amazing. The sheep know their master's voice, as the story in the bible says. ;)

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is a lot of sheep. I am sure there is a traffic jam on that road.
Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Thank you for the comment and visit!! Happy Saturday, enjoy your day and weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photos of the herd on your 'road trip' ~ think we call them goats ~

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

GreenComotion said...

Lovely to see this scene, which has IMHO changed by way of the 'Polo' shirt on the goat herder.
Super scene, Jeevan and a very nice capture indeed.
Have a Happy WE!
Peace :)

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what it takes to herd so many animals. The mountain scenery is beautiful. I love the quaint images of the herd in the road!

Nancy Chan said...

Wow! I have never seen so many sheep on the road!

Lady Fi said...

Wonderful shots. That is my kind of traffic jam!

L. D. said...

These are such wonderful photos. I was raised on a farm so I like seeing the animals. You got a good variety of animals being driven to a new location. We always had to move sows and cattle. Our one neighbor would move his cows down the gravel road to a field miles away for summer feeding.

George said...

This is definitely a large flock of sheep. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Twilight Man said...

Your photos are lovely with the scenic mountains, greenery and the many sheep! That was a pretty picture to see these animals being together. This is something I don't get to see in the capital where I live.

GreenComotion said...

Lovely bike snap with Kudam full of water :)