Thursday, May 24, 2018

Surprise Waterfall

20160726_134613

I have been on the road to Poombarai few times and every time I come across this curve of the beautiful winding ghat (road) of Kodaikanal, and a rock face with a formation of cascading make wish to see waterfalls alike. Unusual we visit Kodaikanal during summer, which is quite a dry season here where even mountains aren’t exception and I ever seen water falling this way except for little springs here and there. The southwest monsoon begins only in the first week of June and in 2016 I visited Kodaikanal for second time in a year, in the month of July, which was the mid of monsoon so we caught between heavy showering as we proceed towards Poombarai, a beautiful mountain village about 20 km from Kodaikanal. 

Surprise Waterfall
Since raining I shot these photos through windshield while the wipers goes down
I have no words to describe how surprise it was for me to see water cascading through the rock face of the mountain. I know it’s the monsoon rain gave life to this cascading and ages of flow of water during rain has turned into a beautiful rock formation which made my day through the fall. The road to Poombarai and beyond is my favourite stretch of road winding through pine forest, forested valleys with spotted wildlife and unlike the Kodaikanal road, its hassle free and pristine nature to inspire to take it again and again. 

10 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I am always excited and happy to see any natural waterfalls. They are mother nature's beauty.
I had seen the biggest ever was Niagara Falls and I was speechless. Hope you will have the chance to see it someday.

Sandi said...

This is fantastic. You show the beauty of India here on your blog.

"A simple person and not highly educated, but enough with sense and knowledge. I learn everything through my experience and reading."

I know I have commented on this in the past, but this struck me again just now. It is from your profile on the right side of the page. I think you sound very highly educated, but what strikes me is-- if this is how the simply educated sound in India, you must have the best schools in the world!

L. D. said...

It would be a surprise if it usually is a low trickle of water. It is gushing and rushing and has an unusual shape.Great photo.

Lady Fi said...

That is a lovely surprise.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Beautiful waterfall and wonderful photography!

Happy Weekend to you,
C & Z

George said...

I love surprises like this! The waterfall is beautiful.

Destination Infinity said...

Although the intensity of the water seems to be lower than other waterfalls, this one looks nice, esp. the second pic!

Destination Infinity

Nancy Chan said...

I love waterfall, watching from a distance!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the waterfalls. This waterfall is beautiful. Great photos. Enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Karen Lakis said...

What a beautiful waterfall - and a wonderful surprise. We pass by a waterfall near us, and I always look as I pass - sometimes there is a lot of water, sometimes it's very dry.