Friday, November 30, 2018

Quite an unexpected trail

I never thought life would turn this difficult, this sooner, with unexpected happening into our lives. I couldn’t remark how I have been disturbed by the discovery of my dad’s coronary artery disease, which is a cause of narrowing of the arteries that supply heart with blood. To make it short blocks in heart. He was normal all these day and many a test result (related to heart) were normal except the treadmill exam, which taken on his complaint of insufficiency of breathe after having food or going on walk and climbing stairs. Seeing the result, the doctors advised to go for an angiogram to get a clear picture of the condition before going on further treatment. And the Monday’s diagnosis revealed three blocks on the coronary artery with a percentage of 90, 80 and 60 and for that the doctors prefer was either open heart surgery or placement of stents. But still we unable to decide and was expected to consult one more doctor, like we already done with two before taking a firm decision.

Except diabetic, dad doesn’t had any serious health problems but I do aware diabetic is a cause could bring anything into a healthy body, alongside lifting me and recent stress relevant to house renovation should be the prime reasons for the clogs. After mom’s surgery in May, dad was the only person to lift me to change in positions, mostly from cot to wheelchair and wheelchair to commode stool, with occasional aid from brother; I too haven’t took long trips since March visit to Kodai. Now it’s time for him to retire from the lifting course and of course he’s age 66, a fair reason to prevent lifting me but he did until doctor advised after examine the test reports.  For last few days my brother was helping on shifting and we too had sought for a part time caregiver and meanwhile the portable hoist is used for lifting. Like told above, I have no words to express my distress and pain and my only concern right now is dad’s recovery from the disturbing fact, and it’s no matter how I lead without his support but his healthy presence is more important for me and I could understand his situation and I hope the advanced medical aids will improve his condition and put back to norm at any state.

Though I sound strong and clear, I have fear about the upcoming progress in our lives and my dad and mom are a part of me so I could not keep away anything affects them, like I for them. I should say I really lost my sleep or fell into nightmares lot thinking his condition and our futures ahead; I too started to experience pains related to my scoliosis on spine and difficult at breathe some time. Though it wasn’t anything instant serious, but certainly a cause to bother me in near future and I tell myself get ready for the war with soldiers within! Haha There is no way denying the fact and I keep thinking and doing various things to distract the thoughts about the future and current occurrences. I truly wish stents works for my dad, so that he doesn’t need to suffer lot and spent more time in hospital and time to recover. Let’s wish for the best

13 comments:

Bill said...

Sorry to hear about your father's health issues. Hopefully, like you said, I hope that stents will work for him and he can recover quickly and healthy.

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of healing energy hugs for you, your Dad and family ~ And sending prays your way that you will have a caregiver to help lift you or even a miracle to have you be able to 'walk' ~ Miracles do happen ~ You sound like a very caring, creative and bright young man ~ Be well and trust the Universe will deliver ~ Namaste,

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Wishing the best for your dad. And prayers for well being.

Lady Fi said...

They can do amazing things with hearts these days! My mum has had a triple heart bypass and she feels a lot betteer after that. I hope all will be well.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sending my prayers and well wishes for you and your Dad. Take care!

Destination Infinity said...

I am sure things will get back to normal soon. It's important that you stay strong through these setbacks. That will give strength to people around you.

Destination Infinity

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Jeevan ---I am so very very sorry.... Life can be so hard, and I know how badly you feel about the burden you think you put on your parents. However, as a parent, I want you to quit thinking that way. You are your parent's LIFE. They help you NOT because they have to but because they want to. That's what being a parent is....

As we all get older (I'm 76) ---our bodies do present more problems for us. AND stress can definitely cause heart problems. My problem is different from your Dad's --but mine also was probably caused (or made worse) due to life changes. We had two deaths in the family --and that took its toll on my heart. The stress of a move plus your Mom's health problems probably were just too much for your Dad's heart.

My love and prayers are with you and your family. Hopefully, your dad can adjust to a new lifestyle. That is what I've had to do.

Hugs,
Betsy

Nancy Chan said...

I hope the doctors will be able to improve your dad's health condition. Wishing you and family peace during this time.

Sandi said...

Thinking of you and praying for you, Jeevan.

Uppal said...

Hi Jeevan,
Just read your post about your dad's blocked arteries. I don't think you should wait more for getting him operated for clearing the blockage through a procedure which has become very common these days. The recovery is also fast. With proper aftercare and required exercise regime, he'd on the go again.
I hope your mother'd be able to nurse him to health with nutritious food and moral support.

L. D. said...

Stents can help an ailing heart as they open the flow of blood to the heart muscle. I hope all of this is temporary and your father becomes well again.

Karen Lakis said...

I am sending my best wishes that all goes well for your father and that the stents are able to provide him with needed relief. I understand your worry and stress about the situation - family members are so important in our lives. Worry can be so hard on you, though - and it sounds as though there are many reasons to feel hopeful for a good outcome.

Twilight Man said...

I am truly sorry to hear about your father's condition that worries you a lot. I have gone through this period when both my late parents were sickly.
The medical facilities in India are world class to offer the best treatment. So be assured that your father will be in good hands and prayers.