Friday, November 16, 2018

Skywatch Friday: Sunrise and Contrail

Gaja, a severe storm or cyclone that was threatening the coastline of Tamil Nadu for nearly a week, had landfall near Nagapattinam, creating havoc at the early hours of Friday (today). Above 250 km away from Chennai, the coastal districts is at severe damage of properties and lose of countless trees, but the precaution efforts taken by the state and district authorities really need to be appreciated and I believe it is because of their efforts the worst has been prevent. Actually, Chennai was predicted to be the destination of Gaja, but nature decided to be kind toward us giving away the trouble to other part of the state. As I have been to the places of Gaja, I could imagine what kind of destruction the areas face and Vedaranyam being the eye of Gaja is isolated from outside world and it is surrounded by natural saltpans and forests that should be faced heavier. I was really worried about the Kodiyakarai; the Point Calimere wildlife and bird sanctuary, which is home to number of blackbucks, wild horses and migratory birds, including flamingos. Hope the nature wasn’t disturbed heavily.


Coming to the post, I would like to share couple of skywatch shots from the other day morning, when I waked up earlier than usual. Though it wasn’t an actual sunrise but for me the sun just came above the trees and building to bestow its tender waves on me that sense a lot to me. You could presume form the images that it was shot from balcony using iPhone and few minutes later a jet crossed the sky and its quick enough to pass and I could only get the contrail as proof. It was a pleasant morning for me and waked up earlier left me more time for reading and other activities. I wish I follow this pattern, though I’m someone don’t wake up before 8 am this should be a trouble. lol



Linking this post with Skywatch Friday

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Gaja sounds like a terrible storms. Lately the storms seem to be more intense. Great skywatch images. A nice start to your day. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots - hope the storms have now finished.

Bill said...

Glad the Gaja didn't make a visit to your area. Such beautiful sky photos. Have a wonderful weekend, Jeevan.

carol l mckenna said...

Oooh! Awesome sky shots! Storms do bring a 'mixed blessing.'

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful contrail shots!

Karen Lakis said...

The early morning sun looks like a watercolor painting! I always enjoy my day when I get up early, but still I prefer staying in bed when I can. It doesn’t really make sense, but I completely understand.

L. D. said...

Beautiful sky shots. I like seeing the palm trees in the photos. You will never see those in our state.