Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Glowing Coconut Palms


Winter has its way out, like every season, slow extension of daylight sense the injection of sun and warning summer and at the end of the day it glows. Even after the sun disappeared behind the buildings, the trees top are set to glow by the fierce rays of sun, sneak peek through the gaps of buildings. The light exposed on the greenish orange coconut palms enhance the glowing light to golden treat and it was quite a simple pleasure I got to watch few time. Although these are some capture from last year or before winter, the image weren’t different now rather going strong with  glow where I could get even leafy shadows on trunks.



I wasn’t out anywhere lately and sky watching has become an activity and I take many photos mostly on sky these days. I saw a lone pelican last evening crossing my sky and sometime a bunch of white heron – which used to be common sights in past – but everyday about 6 pm, number of bats pass our sky, a regular journey of them from the trees of Theosophical Society to other bunches of trees along Buckingham Canal in Adyar. And they turn back to the Society in early morning which I ever woken up to see in the last 5 months, since shifted here. But my uncle confirms that. Glad I have this open sky in front of the house, surrounded by trees and a balcony to skywatch, keeps me going despite the haunting thought of traveling, which I haven’t done one close to a year now.

A crow perched atop a tank pipe while getting warm in evening sunlight

12 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Lovely glow of the sun on the trees and building.

Gosia said...

Lovely trees greetings from Poland

Bill said...

Nice light on the trees and I love coconut. Nice image of the sitting bird, he's watching the neighborhood. :)

L. D. said...

I really like the shots of the palms. We can not grow them here unless we bring them inside for the winter. I like the sun’s effect on your photos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the palm trees are very pretty. I love the glow. Nice shot of the crow.
You have a pretty view of the sky! Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead.

Destination Infinity said...

Sunlight through trees is exciting for photographers and videographers alright. Now I should also try to make the most of this summer :)

Destination Infinity

carol l mckenna said...

Your post and photos read like the divine ~ poetry in motion ~ Beautiful!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the palm trees every day. Light is lasting longer here too. Hooray for the approaching warmer weather. That crow looks like he belongs there. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing!

Elsie

Uppal said...

Coconut palms look bright and inviting.
Here in Punjab winter is still holding itself with rains and cloudy skies.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely warm light - almost like honey!

Karen Lakis said...

You have a beautiful spot for sky watching and some fascinating things to watch!

George said...

I really like the light in these photos, especially the first one.