Monday, February 18, 2019

RGB Monday

My aunt's colorful Pongal Kolam drawn last month during the festival of Pongal, very next to mom's Pongal pot kolam.

IMG_8067

Kolam is a custom followed by the households in south India and it’s a daily activity for many, including ours. And Pongal Kolam is popular during this time and many put great efforts to make it look wonderful and colourful including drawing something relevant to the festival. Kolam always been my favourite thing and I enjoy watching different patterns and for me, Kolam is apart any belief and its way of exhibiting art and beauty.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

It's beautiful!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the pretty and colorful drawing. It does look festive. Wishing you a great day and a happy new week ahead!

Bill said...

Very pretty and creative, Jeevan. Have a wonderful dau and new week.

Twilight Man said...

I have been following your blog over the years and got to see many types of colourful kolam. I hope someday I will get to draw one kolam at my Indian friend's house.

ashok said...

Very colorful!

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous and sooo creative and colorful ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lady Fi said...

Love the colours.

George said...

This is another beautiful drawing.

Destination Infinity said...

Beautiful Kolam. I like the shades of red and brownish-orange :)

Destination Infinity

L. D. said...

It is a very nice design with all the colors and patterns that are created.