Monday, March 04, 2019

Someone Dear Passed Away

One of our grandfathers (Dad’s uncle) passed away yesterday and I really wish I write about this gent who I expected to stay longer, despite his age – he turns 80 this year – he was healthy and fit as well with a clear and conscious mind-set is bit harder to find out these days. He was someone straightforward throughout his life and talks what’s in his mind whether the people listen likes or not and because of this some could feel disturbed or annoyed but he was mostly right on things and say what’s good for others which sometime would be hinting their mistakes and stroke pride to make feel bitter experience. Thinking back I too have felt disregarded sometime listening through his speech but when I could understand things the truth in his words made senses despite his difference in attitude.

He had a diploma in civil engineering and had worked and retried from Tamil Nadu Housing Board dept. and only with his earnings he built a house and grown his 4 children (where 3 were graduates) and married them all and 3 were married within relations.  After he was married with dad’s cousin sister he was fond of my dad and dad used to visit his home to do maths in his school days and all our constructions were executed under his instructions and planning and he’s someone never compromise on the quality and strength of a building. He had a special care for me and used to enquire about me wherever he meets mom (who was named by him, as Lilly) or dad and one time he took me to one of his neighbours (practicing touch healing) whom he believed could do something on my disability, after seeing someone being healed. But it was quite nonsense method and I don’t want to narrate the stupidity, and what I really saw there was a grandfather’s love and his intention to get me cured in any means.

He was a healthy person all his life and a never changed personality, adjustable to the situation and practice friendliness with everybody. He shares the age of my maternal grandfather, who passed in 2015. His fitness and active lifestyle is something would inspire anybody despite the ages, and even after a cardiac attack, less than a decade back, he become more conscious on his health and food habit to sustain deed. We never expected him to die very soon, despite being very stable for his age, and active till he experience urinary infection and backbone squeeze few months back. He was on medicine and cast to produce much trouble and pain but on one expected the problem he experienced was a sign of cancer at 4th stage. Last time when I saw him (in September) he motivated me to do whatever I could rather stay idle. His last words still resound in my ears. Hope he rest at peace and sail through our memories.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

My condolences, Jeevan. He must have loved you very much as you loved him.

Bill said...

So sorry for your loss, Jeevan. He sounded like a wonderful person to know. Kind, truthful and loving, great qualities to have as a human. I'm sure he will be missed.

carol l mckenna said...

Jeevan ~ my condolences to you at the loss of a very special person to you ~ not easy to lose our loved ones ~ sending you lots of healing energy hugs and namaste,

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

eileeninmd said...

Jeevan, so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers, may he rest in peace.

Lady Fi said...

So very sorry to hear about your loss. Take care!

Rose said...

I left a comment last night...I don't know what happened. I am so sorry for your loss.

Twilight Man said...

My deepest sympathy and condolence to you & family.
I could see how much he was being respected and loved by all who knew him. Our lives is just a journey for all and someday we have to say good bye to everyone. Time and Tide Waits For No Man. So we must live each day to the fullest in a meaningful way.

Nancy Chan said...

So sorry for your great loss. No easy to say goodbye to someone who had touched your family members and your hearts all those years he was alive. He will always remain a wonderful person in your memories. May peace be with you.

Karen Lakis said...

I’m so sorry. It’s always hard to lose a loved one no matter their age. It sounds as though he cared a great deal for you. May he Rest In Peace.

ashok said...

RIP