Thursday, July 04, 2019

My Travel and Better Health

After a long time or more than a year, I’m getting an opportunity to travel and this’s a long gap I had after traveling become a passion. I should have taken a trip early this year but people had different plans which are unavoidable and needn’t be as each phase has its significances that need to be addressed. Being dependent it’s impossible to think or work beyond the limits. Dad’s post coronary issue (though it was addressed through stents and he leads normally) things turned worse in my life as he should not lift me anymore and mom as same following her uterus removal last year, I’m looked after by my brother and cousin bro for shifting my positions has become a problem to pick up a trip on own. Till the end of last year, dad could put me inside the car and we would take short-distance rides but now I had to look out for my brother to lift me inside the car and ours being an SUV only for him is possible.

Following dad’s angioplasty in December, we didn’t think of traveling for few months and in March brother started working on his Fitness Centre aka GYM which was opened on 8th May and sister’s wedding arrangements in June pushed our travel plans further. Even now the brother is a bit busy making new clients to the gym will be taking off few days for a family vacation at my uncle’s woodhouse (Smokey Haven Woodhouse) in mountains of Kodaikanal. Last week I checked with my cardiologist and it was a surprise and happy moment for the doctors at the clinic to find my heart pumps normal or normal LV function (55% to 65%) which was 37% last year when diagnosed with an echocardiogram. A yearlong on medication had helped me achieve this stage and the doctor was content with the result has reduced the medication and my next appointment are only after 6 months.

Following a sign of abnormal in ECG, last year May, I consulted the cardiologist and he found a weak heart or less percentage of LV function.  Though the heart getting weaker is a normal condition in the progress of muscular dystrophy, it was quite an unexpected drop for me as of 2016 echocardiogram my heart function was normal, and 2018 report of different. The doctor prescribed me few tablets and hope to sustain the condition with constant medication was cheerful about the incredible improvement of the condition and happily deducted few medicines. I’m already taking regular medicines for diabetes along with calcium and vitamin tablets to support the system and this improvement with the heart has helped a bit. The family vacation we planned for next week, with near and dear ones, is the one going to happen after three years, even though I use to visit Kodaikanal yearly as a family to relax and a little bit of exploring, I hope to have some fun with my first circle families. Only my newlywed sister is missing the trip as her in-law isn’t well.  We would be staying at the woodhouse and visit the princess of hill station – Kodai.
My family vacation in 2016. My other uncle and cousin (who took the shot) is missing in the photo. (click pic for large) 

12 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Happy holidays to you and your family. I could see your excitement coming up soon.

It is good to hear that your health has shown some improvement. Perhaps your brother's new gym could offer you some machines to exercise your limbs and heart too. Health is Wealth.

Bill said...

That is some great news about your health and upcoming holidays. Enjoy!!

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I am virgin of maths.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh wishing you a wonderful holiday ~ enjoy and lots of healing hugs for all ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Uppal said...

Glad to hear that you're planning to go to Kodai for vacations with your extended family. Surely holidays rejuvenate mentally and physically. Time for relaxation and enjoying outdoor outings!

Nancy Chan said...

Good to receive the good news concerning your health. Looking forward to your travel post. Have a good time and an enjoyable holiday with family.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

I have LIMAT ke paaar gussa on ITLOG.

Lady Fi said...

Oh, what good news! Enjoy your family trip!

GreenComotion said...

Happy smiles:)
Happy WE, Jeevan.
Peace :)

George said...

I'm very happy to hear that your health is much improved over last year.

Devilish Angel said...

Happy to read about improvement in your health Jeevan :)

Smokey Haven Wood House & Campsite said...

Hi Jeevan, I saw your blog which is impressive on Smokey Haven Woodhouse. I noticed the link to smokey haven woodhouse domain name is changed to smokeyhaven.in instead of smokeyhaven.com. I request you to change the link in all your blog posts about smokey haven to https://smokeyhaven.in
Thank you for your time:)