Friday, August 30, 2019

Indoor plants, a new hobby


As an initial step to bring nature into home, I purchased couple of air purifying plants (Spider and Golden Pothos) in black ceramic pots from the Amazon. The plants come well packed and undamaged with boxes having holes for the plants to breath. In our previous house in backstreet, we had enough space around the house and mom had dozen of pot plants lined the alley and the courtyard had a neem, tree jasmine (Indian cork tree) and custard apple trees outgrowing from the neighbour’s compound turned our stay cool and close to nature with birds like the babblers, koels, parakeets… made pleasant the evening as they pass by these trees. Our current house too faces trees lining the opposite side of the road, as well as the trees and plants from the neighbours (who have enough garden spaces) produces a green scenario that I love facing daily.

I like having flower pots at home and once had roses, hibiscus, marigolds and some jasmines but the plants haven’t stayed long or continue to bloom as we couldn’t maintain properly. Our house in first floor, now, doesn’t have spaces to keep plant pots and it was the reason we left some pots at the previous house and some gave away to grandma but now I like to have some plants that grow inside the home that could be placed on corners and at available spaces. I was also concern about the air quality inside the home, as we living on the main street, lot of dust enter the home during the day time and we also have a dog so I was specific about the indoor plants that act as natural air purifier. We already have electric air purifier that we use only at night but I like to have these plants that clear the air and keep interior green. I decided to buy couple of plants monthly to place it wherever there’s space and also looking for flowering and bonsai plants.

11 comments:

George said...

I hope you will be very happy with your new plants, and I hope you can find room for some more in the days ahead.

Bill said...

I love having house plants. We just repotted some yesterday because they were outgrowing their pots. We have some spider plants that have lots of babies and soon they will need their own pots.
Good luck with your new plants.

carol l mckenna said...

Great idea about the plants ~ wishing you 'heavenly air' to surround you in your home ~

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbour)

Gosia said...

your plants are nice love from Poland

L. D. said...

Good for you. They grow gradually but they get large and you wonder how that happen. I hope you have some partial window light for them.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely plants! We should all have more of them at home - I agree!

Ponniyinselvan/karthikeyan(1981-2005 ) said...

I am sure Maya will be angry with you for mentioning it as dog. Convey my love to her.

Nancy Chan said...

It is good to keep some indoor plants to purify the air in our house. Happy weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Yes, it is nice having the indoor plants. They are lovely. Enjoy your day, have a great new week ahead!

ashok said...

Beautiful hobby...keep it up jeevan

Destination Infinity said...

I like the concept of air purification plants inside the house. I think they are better than artificial air purifiers. Great step.

Destination Infinity