Friday, December 27, 2019

Partial Annular Solar Eclipse

The sun was brilliantly shone over the sky and it was dazzling to even to take a glance at it and so I was out of focus with the camera tried to capture the phenomenon. It was blank and blur whatever way I tried to shoot the occurrence of Annular Solar eclipse in point and shoot, but after many a try I got the eclipse reflected through the rays of sun itself. Around 9am on Thursday, the sun rose to an uncomfortable angle what become difficult for me to capture the eclipse but got to watch the partial annular through the solar viewer, my cousin bought from the Elliot’s beach, where people in neighbourhood thronged to watch the eclipse.    


The reflection of the partial annular (the crescent shaped   blue in picture above) was a real surprise for me as I was feeling disappointed that I unable to capture the eclipse. Though I know it wasn’t easy to shoot the solar eclipse normally to anyone but I find the reflection amazed. The annularity was visible from the East Mediterranean to south East Asia and gladly the annular travelled through the centre of Tamil Nadu and Kerala where the ring visible quite.

Linking this post with Skywatch Friday

11 comments:

Sandi said...

WOW!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hey good for you!! You ended up with a great photo. Have a great weekend!!

carol l mckenna said...

That is a very creative photo even though it is not the actual eclipse ~ need special camera ~

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka ( A Creative Harbor)

Light and Voices said...

Totally awesome!

George said...

You got an fantastic picture of the partial eclipse. Well done!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You did good, awesome capture! Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend! PS, thanks also for the comment and visit. Happy New Year 2020!

L. D. said...

What a great thing to see. Great shot.

ashok said...

Moment to cherish!

betty-NZ said...

What a stunning surprise! Thanks for sharing this unusual image with us.


My Corner of the World

Gosia said...

great phptos. Happy New Year from Poland.

Nancy Chan said...

You got a great photo. I miss the eclipse because I totally forgot about it. Happy New Year to you!