Thursday, August 20, 2020

A Weather, Reminder of Mountains

The weather has been pleasant and cools these days (in Chennai) and it wasn’t raining either but still, the clouds, continue to seize the sky, kept low the temperature that lures me to dream of mountains. Though not exactly, I feel a mild cold in the air to embrace me and my mind cling to the memories of the same feel. It’s been more than a year I visited mountains or stayed overnight other than the home esp. this cool weather is impossible to restrain the thoughts of Smokey Haven or what I call a bird paradise – Thandikudi – nestled in the lower Palani hills of Kodaikanal. It was a place that wasn’t too cold as Kodai or hot as plains but comfortable weather to stay all day out exploring the locality of coffee and pepper plantations and listening to birds in woods.
 


Glad my uncle built his wood houses there, so it was always a hassle-free and home-like stay for us and it would be fun if two more families of my uncles join the stay. I too used to the comfort of the woodhouse or to say my uncle had built the house easily accessible by the wheelchair so that I could visit it anytime without difficulty. He knows how I enjoy staying into nature or travel to hills and the woodhouse was first executed for personal use before the idea of renting happen. The weather is one pleasing thing about this place and no matter what the season was, it never drops out of comfort and the weather in Chennai right away is something that makes the mind think about. Perhaps due to Aadi (the season with high wind blow, falls between July-August) is believed to bring a successful year of rain and these cloudy moments brings hope as the southwest monsoon had smashed this year.
 


I leave you with some nature and cool images for the glimpses of the locality from different times of the visit. I love being there any time of the season and it has something to please or offer with the arrival of differences in nature like the migration of birds, flowering environment and wind.  




Linking this post for  Good Fences by Gosia

16 comments:

Tom said...

...here we will have warms day, but the nights are cooler. A welcomed thing! Take care!

Bill said...

Hi Jeevan,
what a nice place to spend time among nature. The houses your uncle built are truly beautiful and located in an amazing location. Enjoy the day and stay safe!

Gosia said...

your photos are great

Anita said...

Wow!Beautiful.place you stay in!
Nice to knpw you have a good time
Beautiful photoes of the, to me beautiful hotel,hut
Stay happy and safe Jeevan😊

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan,

I would like to stay in this pretty place surrounded by nature. You are lucky. Beautiful photos. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend!

George said...

I can see why you enjoy staying in the wood house so much. It's in a beautiful location and looks beautiful as well. I hope you can get back there soon.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful nature photos ~ nice shot of you too ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

N A S S A H said...

Great photos .. Happy weekend

Lady Fi said...

What a fabulous location!

kestrel said...

Oh, how I wish I had a house in the hills to escape to, especially now with our 33 C weather. The trees and forests look so peaceful. Your uncle's house is cozy and inviting. Noticed that bird resting in the cables, wonder what it is?

Nancy Chan said...

Your uncle's house makes a great getaway place for holiday makers. So nice to be able to enjoy the cool weather at your uncle's house. Have a beautiful weekend.

Shilpa said...

This place gave me happiness and was much needed for now .thank you

Very nice pictures

sophea ◇ said...

build own woodhouse ? wow i never imagine it !! that was cool i never imagine would be in woodhouse for the rest of my life . but here the weather keep change and sometimes its extremely hot even at night ( saying by someone who avoid using air conditioner)

ashok said...

Wow, nice place

James Hopkins Coaching said...

Hi! I wrote you a message about possible collaboration, did you get it?

L. D. said...

That is a wonderful retreat. It would be neat to sit and look out at nature.