Saturday, October 17, 2020

Sync with Squirrels

Saturdays and squirrels always sync with me and I have mentioned it a few times in this blog itself and this unity works out from childhood to till date when I spot a couple of little squirrels chasing one another like kids try to defeat either in a running race or like players running endlessly on the ancient walls in Temple Run, on the extended arm of the rain tree, the guys hurried down to disappear in seconds. They look perhaps siblings who chase another for silly things as kids do and there’s no wonder as they are younger to be in a playful mood.

I have always seen the little squirrels running around the Rain and Indian tulip tree opposite our house but not sure which one of the two. Another day I saw a little one eating the pods of the tulip tree while dangling on the edge of branches.  Squirrels are everywhere and only we have to look out if want something fun with nature and squirrels is great entertainers and I enjoyed them more when I was close to the ground before moved to the first floor of our house.  The houses we moved in the past had squirrels wander through the yards and I’m enthused to shoot squirrels in my camera and I have also seen the worst of a black cat killing a Lil squirrel while I was capturing it.

The Indian palm squirrel you see in photos was way a few weeks back and was nibbling on the leftover rice on the wall beneath the tulip tree. The squirrel was quite alert while eating the leftover making quick trips up and down the tree when it feels fear and I got these cute close-up shots from the maximum zoom of my Canon point and shoot cam. Hope you like the little acts of the squirrel. Have a nice weekend. 

Linking this post with SATURDAY CRITTERS

17 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so much cuter than most of the squirrels we see here. Hope it stays safe while it snacks! Love the photos!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your squirrels are cute critters. Great collection of photos.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care and stay well. Have a great day, happy weekend.

ashok said...

Nice closeups

Tom said...

...cute little critter.

Yvonne said...

These are really neat looking squirrels. Do you know what type they are? They are so cute, and your photos are very nice.

Jeevan said...

Yvonne - It is an Indian palm squirrel from the family of Sciuridae found naturally in India and Sri Lanka.

Destination Infinity said...

Point and Shoot Cameras or Bridge Cameras with good Zoom are the best for this type of photography. Both the mobile and DSLRs don't live up to the speed we require. High time I indulge in some photography - my camera is sitting idle!!

Destination Infinity

George said...

You got some good photos of the squirrel. We have plenty of squirrels around our house and would be glad to share them with you if we could.

Rain said...

I love squirrels too, those are some nice photos! :)

Anita said...

Wow nice Jeevan!

carol l mckenna said...

Great macro shots of the squirrels ~ glad you are being creative during these strange times ~

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Cute little critters and great close-ups!

Terra said...

Cute photos of these frisky squirrels. I find it hard to take photos of moving animals, whether squirrels or birds. You did good.

L. D. said...

He is a neat creature and I bet is good company. They love to be fed. Reminds me a little like our chipmunks.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! Your squirrels are so cute with striped backs. I live in a gated community here beside a river. So we have lots of Heron birds from China & Japan flying here during Winter and squirrels are plenty. The squirrels here are plain brown ones.

Lady Fi said...

Awww - adorable!

Rose said...

I bet they are very entertaining to watch.