Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Travel to Palani

It was partially wonderful traveling from Thanjavur to Palani after our breakfast in Hotel Saravana Bhavan – popular for delicious taste across the state; we directed by our friendly caretaker in Thanjavur to reach Trichy. My only intention was to visit Thanjavur Big Temple on its 1000th year, so I missed many wonderful places within Thanjavur, including the Palace and Raja Raja Cholan memorial hall which we passed with an unease mind of just lookout structure.
Tamil University
On the way in the NH towards Trichy we find an interesting building in the name of Tamil University. Living in Tamil Nadu and speaking the language, I never know there is a university in name of Tamil dedicated to the classical language and to do advanced studies and research on its linguistics, literature, translation and art including conducting various programs regard to language, literature and sculpture. We stopped sometime to glance the building in a modern temple like structure with two tiger pounce statues on either side of compound.

The roads were partially good even under constructions and after crossing Trichy it was pleasant and calm but certain diversion between lanes disturb and a small mistake divert us on Madurai road instead of Dindigul to later take a U turn in a km. It was really an uncertain signboard with least different in showing the direction could confuse any unfamiliar in this route.
முருகன் சிலை... statue of murugan
I liked the floating clouds in this route and its dark shadows falling on the hills are a very nice and the big Murugan statue that stands on this way is one of an attraction which I missed couple of times to capture before. This stretch of road just feels like so dry with lack of green fields and farms but the hills provide a good set of views. The huge pipes transported in two trucks cause a wonder and got to think what purpose these pipes except the thought of windmill poles.
Huge pipe
The many hills come across want me to guess about certain hills that ponder in mind but they all take diversion from my way and at last took right to Palani from Dindigul - the fort seen far away. It was truly pleasure drive thought this stretch with the enormous sight of my favorite Western Ghats following aside and the foothills are surrounded by green fields and the breathtaking views and breeze carries me away…
A view of Western Ghats along green fields
I really enjoyed my stay in Palani and going around the places was an enchanting trail in the witness of Western Ghats that almost visible from everywhere and sometimes mist capped. We reached Palani in afternoon and stayed in the New Tirupur Lodge booked by my dad’s friend’s relatives there and had our lunch in Hotel Nalapakam, which is in the ground floor of the same building.

I must really need to say about the Hotel Nalapakam which treated us in a very kind manner that I never felt like ever. The servers there are very friendly and esp. towards me, their way of showing concern and care at my content feed is enhance and moved me enormous to feel like at home. They have separate places for breakfast and lunch, and being difficult for me to enter the lunch hall; they allowed having my lunch in breakfast hall, and one of the servers was pointed to take care of my need and an old man in grandpa age brought tub for me to wash hand.
Hotel Nalapakam
I wonder how many restaurants treat people like this in a very kind and home alike attitude and care. I feel gratitude towards their attitude to make certain that we feed content and more or less the price comes only next and they don’t stretch bills and what we pay in fair to cashier is taken into account. This showcase their trust in there customers but as fair as we are such attitudes will continue and I sure there must be someone noticing us silently.

We took leisure sometime after our lunch in the room before proceed to Hill Temple. We stayed in the first floor of the lodge which has a lift facility to make certain comfort and pleasure comes for the balcony of the lodge which cause cool breeze and views of the Western Ghats and the lake opposite. Presented in the main road lead to the foothill of Palani, the street provides a good time pass in the presence of shops, horse carts and people and being unseasonal the place lacks crowd.
mist mountains
continues...

19 comments:

cyclopseven said...

A good post Jeevan. Good to hear there is this Tamil University to research and preserve one of the ancient languages in the world. That Murugan statue is definitely an attraction. And, also glad that you had a good stay at Hotel Nalapakkam.

Thanks for sharing Jeevan. God bless.

Indrani said...

Nice trip.
I haven't been to this place yet.

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Wow Jeevan - I am forever in awe by the sense of bliss your travels convey!

Aarti said...

Interrsting informative post.. your the 2nd person to talk about palani this week..

Ponniyinselvan/karthikeyan(1981-2005 ) said...

dear jeevan,
is it right on your part to leave me and go?
anyhow, i am happy that your yearlong wish of visiting Tanjore is fulfilled.As usual, a good post with beautiful photos.

Eden said...

What a lovely trip!The place is beautiful. You take good pictures too and I love all your photos. Thank you for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

So much to explore in India. Good post.Gosh, you really had to keep your distance from those huge pipes . Don't want to be swallowed by them!!

Jeeves said...

Interesting post. Nice snaps

Anya said...

Amazing post Jeevan
I was almost missing it :(

I love all from India :-)

Hugs and have a wonderful weekend
Kareltje =^.^= ♥ Betsie >^.^<
Anya :)

eden said...

Hi, Jeevan!

Just visiting you back to say thank you for all the wonderful comments. Have a great Sunday.

Jeevan said...

Cyclopseven – Thanks dear friend :)

Indrani – Thanks

Rakesh – Thank you!

Aarti – Thank you and welcome to my space :)

Ponniyinselvan – sorry mom, will take you next time :) anyhow thank you and glad you could access internet now from home.

Eden – Thanks so much for you appreciation on my photos. Thanks for keep visiting and hope u have a nice time too.

Keats – Thank you and sure I make certain distance from now such things, another friend had also advised on it. Welcome to my world :)

Jeeves – Nice to have you long after friend. Thank you :)

Anya – Thanks dear :)

move4less said...

I really appreciate the effort you have given to this post. I am looking forward for your next post.

geeth said...

Beautifully written..

Dawn said...

Nice pictures and beautiful narration...will share this with my dad for sure :)
Cheers dear!!

Vani said...

Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader

and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.
Hotels in Thanjavur

auto repair las vegas said...

Nice article. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your articles.
auto repair las vegas.

Unknown said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!








Budget Hotels in Thanjavur

Dimpy Roy said...

Nice trip. Thanks for sharing your trip experience. Palani or Pazhani traces its name to Pazhamnee, which in turn came from pazham (fruit) and nee (you). This scenic town is blessed with a rich colorful fauna life, lofty hills, some exhilarating adventure sporting prospects and is a home to the auspicious temple of god Kartikeya. Check out all best hotels in Palani.

Dimpy Roy said...

Very beautiful pictures and places also. Thanks for sharing this post. Palani or Pazhani traces its name to Pazhamnee, which in turn came from pazham (fruit) and nee (you). This scenic town is blessed with a rich colorful fauna life, lofty hills, some exhilarating adventure sporting prospects and is a home to the auspicious temple of god Kartikeya. Check out all best hotels in Palani also.