Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My first Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i19195

Mobile phones have become an essential part of the life and Smartphone’s are greater advancement in telecommunication that works versatility. Once we shifted from our native home, cellphone has become our communication tool though telecom. Although I have a mobile phone, the calls I receive or dial is very less, so we haven’t got a number separately for home and my number has been the source of communication and only mom use it frequently.

Actually I don’t need a phone, as my communication has been least, but as you all know Smart phones are used not only for dialling numbers... it’s a small PC (personal computer) comes within our palms. There are countless apps to do versatile jobs and my intention for the smart phone was to connect internet (esp. to use social media and navigation) while on the go and get a personal number which I could use when going out with cousins to leave back the mobile used at home.

I was searching for a Smartphone, to suit my need, for long time and was sure not to go for the brick or tablet size (5 or above inches), because that size could not easily hold by me and also wanted the phone to be less weight. But at this range there are least phones and those less weighted aren’t powerful and enough with storage memory. And also I couldn’t afford more than 15K. By this time I find Samsung galaxy S4 mini which comes within the budget, but not here, in the US.

Glad my friend (who was in US on onsite, then, and who get the PTA) was left with more than a week to return home and even at that short period he agreed to get me the phone and placed an order immediately on Amazon. He didn’t say anything about the phone later and in the activity of importing the Patient Lift I couldn’t enquire him but only later when I visited him, at home, he told on my request that the order has been cancelled at the last moment. But he had arranged to get the phone though his colleague, in March, when he was supposed to return.

Actually I was to get this phone in December when my friend returned. But I got it only in the first week of May when his colleague really turned-up. The S4 Mini is a mid-range model of its flagship Samsung Galaxy S4 Smartphone and has a similar design and software features to its high-end counterpart. It has a powerful processor (1.7 GHz Qualcomm snapdragon) with 1.5 GB of Ram and 8 GB of storage memory that expandable up to 64GB.

Like I said above, it’s the weight (S4 Mini i19195 weights just 107gm) and screen size (4.27” Super AMOLED screen) that want me to for it. The phone comes very handy in dimensions operates with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and it is an international version mobile that includes 4G LTE. The phone has 8-megapixle (mp) rear-facing camera (+HD Video recording) and 2-mp front-facing camera and also has advance features like NFC, Smart Stay, Hands free mode... For the single micro sim card holder, I use the Airtel telecom service and the frequency is very good. 1900 mAh Li-lon battery power is very decent for my limited usage.   

9 comments:

Pooja Mittal said...

wow, its so lightweight
Keep in touch
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
www.indianbeautydiary.com

TexWisGirl said...

i have a samsung galaxy s4 - the larger one. i like it a lot!

GreenComotion said...

Hi Jeevan,
Hope the new phone brings you some fun.
I try not to use the reminders and calendar features often, but like using the camera.
Yours seems to have the usual bells and whistles.
Congratulations!
Have a Beautiful Day!!
Peace :)

Valerie said...

Hello Jeavan, I found your blog through Larry's blog. Interesting write-up about your phone. I had a new iphone for my birthday, it's so advanced compared to the last one. I love it.

Sandhya said...

Enjoy the new phone, Jeevan!

Uppal said...

Congrats for getting a lightweight smart phone.It's Multiple features but we tend to use only few. Learn about its maximum use from a young fellow.
I too have a Samsung galaxy phone which is small as i use it to talk to friends only. My hubby is duty bound to do all the communication on his smart phone!

Destination Infinity said...

I bought a phone with similar specs recently, but not a branded one like Samsung. It's Xiaomi Redmi 2, I bought it from Flipkart. For now the phone seems to be good. Let's hope it will be fine for a long time. My HTC mobile worked non-stop for 5+ years and still works! Congrats on your new smart phone - now you can do mobile blogging too :) Do write sometime about the apps you would use, we might also find it useful.

Destination Infinity

Rajesh said...

Looks like a smart choice.

Indrani said...

It will be of good use I am sure. :)
Happy using!