Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Shot from a road travel

My visit to Kolli Hills happened to be from Palani rather directly from Chennai as we were on a course of roundabout visiting the temple town following Thanjavur. We started from Palani after having the breakfast and reached Kolli hills by late afternoon via Dharapuram and Karur. The roads to the destination were partially a state and national highways – the NH 7, and during that course I shot some photos that made this post.

IMG_5051
Above is a beautiful emblem I noticed at an intersection before entering the Dharapuram town. The emblem resembles a burning lamp to me and at other perspective I find fingers holding a ring with fire inside. (click photos for enlargement)

IMG_5058
Men traveling on a mini tempo or locally known as china yanai (the Tata Ace) on  NH 7 (check the photo below to know where it was shot) and being morning hours, I guess they were supposed to carried to their workplace.

IMG_5060
Sign boards indicating the distance of the destinations ahead and aside.

IMG_5061
View of a hillock come hill temple of lord Muruga captured from an over bridge on the same highways.

IMG_5073
At last come’s trucks of two with load of tractors and the number plate of the truck marks MH, which I guess is transported to Maharashtra – an Indian state.

11 comments:

Uppal said...

A comprehensive post with beautiful well focused pictures!

Twilight Man said...

The views along the highways in India are so interesting with truck loads of men riding them.
I could also see the interesting names like Salem. That place is also a famous ski mountain resort in USA.

TexWisGirl said...

nice new tractors. :)

Devilish Angel said...

Seems a lovely trip Jeevan...

Destination Infinity said...

I still don't understand what that statue is supposed to signify! :)

Destination Infinity

GreenComotion said...

I remember NH 7, which we traveled on to get from Coimbatore to Salem, if I am not mistaken.
What is the average speed on these roads, Jeevan? I see some motorcycles on the highway too.

Your photos are lovely - they show the much needed details about the road, the condition of the highway, the number of lanes, the types of vehicles on the highway, etc.

I really enjoyed seeing Tamilnadu through your lens.

Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)

Rajesh said...

Wonderful on the drive shots.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Wow I love that picture of the men traveling on the china yanai! Cool! Have a great weekend, Jeevan.

Locomente said...

These pictures made me feel like I was on a road journey too... Thanks for sharing!

Jeevan said...

Chandra@GreenComotion - Coimbatore-Salem is connected by not NH 7, but NH 47.
The NH 7 you see in photos is the long national highways of India, connecting Kanyakumari and Varanasi. In Tamil Nadu it passes thought Maduai and Salem and connects Bangalore and Hyderabad. On average cars travels between 100-120 kmph and trucks and motorcycles to be less than 100kmph… in Indian people rarely take long travels in motorcycles and what u see could be travelled between nearby towns and cities.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jeevan, wonderful scenes and photos from your roadtrip! I like teh temple on the hill. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!