Friday, July 21, 2017

A brief on my vacation

I’m back from the vacation two days before and it was indeed a wonderful trip/time except for couple of my cousins and aunt/uncle who couldn’t make up to the vacation. We spent 8 nights at my uncle’s woodhouse/cottage in the Kodai hills or half-kodai, what Thandikudi is called and it is one of the longest vacations I had in my life apart staying at our close relative’s house during school days. Unlike last year we planned this trip earlier due to one of my cousin’s college reopening but at last they postponed the opening, so we went along our family 3 days before my uncle/aunt (who owns the cottages) arrives.

IMG_6502
A new woodhouse being build up by the uncle at the Serene Woods
As usual this time too (staying from my uncle’s woodhouse/cottages, the Serene Woods) I got to explore and experience some new place and routes to keep it interesting. By this travel I have covered all motor accessible roads to Kodaikanal, though it was a link road for about 35-40km, I felt  awesome taking  this road that take me through some pristine falls sight and  environment that many unaware about. I’m someone always look forward for something new and different even if the destinations were same to make my travel interesting. I explored couple of mountain villages taking a road less travelled, with scenic mountains and fascinating houses to view.

IMG_7033
Winding though woods and forest
During my stay I visited the Berijam Lake, in the wildest part of Kodaikanal, after a gap of 8 years. I have been to the placid lake area couple of time in the past and I truly love the enriched natural environment of flora and fauna. We went through really a tough experience obtaining permission to visit the lake as it was in a protected area, though there wasn’t trouble in getting permission but we were a bit careless to become exhausted. Other day I was on my favourite road (Dindigul to Kumily) to visit a scenic village on the foot hills of Bodi aka Bodinayakanur and it was a popular shooting spot where the Tamil movies Kumki and Myna has been shot.

IMG_4959
One of the scenic roads i traveled
I always prefer for a relaxed travel and plan according to it because I couldn’t over strain myself and I can’t check various places at a time. Thanks my uncle for building a woodhouse/cottage on the lap of mountains bestows me with abundance chances of exploring various places around the Kodaikanal, Dindigul and Theni regions. The woodhouse and cottages named as Serene Woods, is a fabulous place to stay and relax and enjoy nature at bay. Amid the woods I truly enjoyed having breakfast listening to the sound of birds unlike watching TV at home. It was blissful spending time with cousins at my favourite environment of woods and visiting places around. 

More on the vacation and travel later… 

19 comments:

L. D. said...

It is a beautiful location in which to build. You have some wonderful forest trail to explore. Being there alone among the trees has to be relaxing.

Sandi said...

:-o

That is beautiful!

Gosia said...

your uncle's house is fantastic

Devilish Angel said...

Nice place for a vacation...

Rajesh said...

Delighted to know you had a great vacation. Looking forward to more.

Destination Infinity said...

The last pic - the motorist moving through all that greenery somehow makes a nice impact on me :) Glad to know that you enjoyed your week-long Kodai stay :)

Destination Infinity

Rose said...

What a beautiful area! It sounds like you had a wonderful time...

George said...

It sounds and looks as if you had a beautiful spot for your vacation. I agree that going on roads less traveled is often very rewarding. I look forward to hearing and seeing more about your vacation.

Arti said...

The roads look so inviting and pretty as does your uncle's woodhouse! Being in the company of nature is rejuvenating and such bliss indeed. Glad to know you had a great time. Look forward to more stories!

Twilight Man said...

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed this 8 nights vacation in the greens of beautiful country side. It is so nice of your uncle to build this lovely Serene Woods.

Sandhya said...

Love the pictures full of greenery! I still remember your old post (pictures). Enjoy as much as you can, Jeevan!

carol l mckenna said...

What a beautiful place you went to for vacation ~ Gorgeous! Wonderful photography ~

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds and looks like a very peaceful and relaxing vacation. The woods and forest are beautiful. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

Nancy Chan said...

The wood house is very beautiful and is surrounded by lush greenery. Glad you enjoy the stay there. Have a wonderful day!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan!:) Welcome back, and thank you for sharing these lovely photos of your vacation location. Your uncles woodland cottage looks very nice, but am I right in thinking the building isn't finished yet? So glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing more.

carol l mckenna said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoying the beautiful flower for Monday ~ Happy Day wishes for you
^_^

Christine said...

This must be so relaxing as it is a beautiful area!

Anonymous said...

Next time you go on vacation, I'm going to have to sneak into your luggage. What a beautiful sight!

ashok said...

lovely!