Friday, November 09, 2018

Skywatch Friday: Aerial Fireworks

IMG_7190

During Deepavali I had wonderful time watching fireworks that repeatedly showed up in the sky from evening to night, from various angles it boomed the sky in dazzling light and colours which kept me active on phone as I have no idea from which direction a firework would light up, I was awake to capture some of the amazing displays. I initially used the camera in firework mode to shoot the same, but as many weren’t repeated kind I shifted to iPhone camera, which is quick at shot, helped me get some neat snaps alike here, from the balcony.

IMG_7187

Deepavali this year wasn’t great to cherish or bad to critic, but went neutral where I couldn’t feel anything differenct; instead it was pretty bored for much part of the day as most programs on Television weren’t amusing. And I haven’t watched it as well. Though Supreme Court has set time limit of 8-10pm, which was altered by the state govt. as an hour in morning and night to light fireworks, there were crackers sound from morning to night but that particular time period, Chennai was at its high – the time where we also light some fireworks and joined the smoky eve hehe… it’s been years I have stopped buying noise crackers and also conscious purchasing less smoking fireworks last few years.

IMG_7188
Obviously, this year the noise and smoke level was very low compared to former years. Thanks to the hard rule by Supreme Court, that forced people to either give up or control bursting crackers results in only bit rise on pollution level. But to my surprise, when I checked the weather app today, three day after Diwali, the air quality is poorer than what showed on Diwali. I wonder is it perhaps it was national holiday that day, with less vehicle and factory pollution the air quality should have shown better that what bursting crackers created. Huh!

IMG_7189

Linking this post with Skywatch Friday

12 comments:

Destination Infinity said...

Nice pics. I also took this opportunity to shoot a few videos of the ariel sparklers.

Destination Infinity

GreenComotion said...

Loved this post and the previous one!
Nice photos of fireworks.
Even for a '60's kid' these are still fun you know? :)
Happy WE, Jeevan.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I enjoy seeing the fireworks display, what a pretty sight.
Thanks so much for the comment and visit.
Have a happy day and a great new week ahead!

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Nice pics.
Celebrated diwali in ranchi. New clothes, sweets but no crackers.
At present in delhi on holidays.

Lady Fi said...

ooo - lovely!

Uppal said...

You've done a great job in capturing fireworks!

George said...

You got some wonderful photos of the fireworks with your iPhone. I'm constantly being impressed by the quality of pictures that my phone can take. The pollution levels were interesting. I suspect you are right about the pollution caused by vehicles and factories.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful photography of the fireworks! Hope Diwali was great for you and your family.

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Nice firework shots, they look mighty fine.

Nancy Chan said...

This year, the fireworks started a week before the actual day of celebration and the noise was very loud and most of us could not get our sleep until the wee hours of the morning. Happy Deepavali!

L. D. said...

I hope they don’t shut them down completely for something that happens so rarely. Great colors...

Twilight Man said...

i love to watch fireworks as they would excite my feelings and heart always.
My phone camera is not able to capture good shots of fireworks. Time to upgrade my phone.