Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday Photos: Beach Sight

Last evening I visited Palavakkam beach and spent some time quenching the thirst for some cool breeze and change of sight. During our stay in Thiruvanmiyur I frequent this beach in south Chennai, but now in Adyar its bit far checking out. It’s really good to see it pretty clean all these days and also becoming popular among locals to hang-out on weekends. I took some photos during the time of relaxing and here it goes: 

IMG_3512
Since the evening was cloudy the sunset was pretty mild and boys where playing cricket in the foreground. 
IMG_3513
Some pretty houses line the beach front across the sandy playground… which is also the part of the beach.
IMG_3517
Soan papdi vendor and the push cart neat the water front  
IMG_3538
Sundal  boy! Sundal is a kind of recipe made in white peas and sold as a popular snack in Chennai beaches.
IMG_3540
Cotton candy man 

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a nice day to be at the beach! glad you had a visit!

L. D. said...

This must have been a great visit. You again have surprised me with sights of India that I have never seen. Great shots.

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots of the beach. I like the pink in the last shot.

Sandhya said...

I have never visited this area of the beach! Nice clicks!

Destination Infinity said...

I like the way a platform has been created on the sandy beach to play cricket. Very innovative :)

Destination Infinity

Karen Lakis said...

So much to look at in your beach! I love the photo of the cotton candy man!

Rajesh said...

Great shots from the beach. The beach really looks clean.

Twilight Man said...

I like the whole stretch of beach. It has such a wide sandy area to walk and have family picnics.

Unknown said...

Hi jeevan,

I went through your beach images and they are wonderful. I am new to blogging and unable to find your email ID. Hence contacting you through commenting section.May I reuse your sundal selling boys pic for a college blog article (I am a working staff in Bannari Amman institute, Sathyamangalam). However I will be giving your reference as image source in the same.

Jeevan said...

Malathi Balasubramaniyan - I approve your request and please go with the image you want :)