Monday, January 29, 2018

Pongal Kolams for RGB Monday

Here is mom’s Pongal Kolams that she drew for the Pongal festival. As I told in my previous post mom took enough diligence to make all the 4 kolams, two at night and another two in morning along our courtyard and gateway. I know I was pretty slow with blogging these days but hope to be active in coming days and for RGB  Monday, I think this post had more  than enough colors to keep  away the Monday blue, but I know Monday is gonna end in  less than an hour. lol

IMG-3326
The rose flowers kolam was put on the ramp in front of the house
IMG-3328
The Pongal pot along  with sugarcanes and turmeric plants upon which we made pongal using firewood stove.
IMG-3329
Peacock drawing/kolam at the upstairs door front
IMG-3323
Pongal pot and flower Kolam at our doorstep
IMG-3311
The same Pongal pot and flower Kolam (as seen above)  before added colors

12 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Nice clicks, Jeevan!

Twilight Man said...

Your mum is creative and makes a good artist. I always enjoyed watching the kolam displays in Malaysia as they are so meticulous. I have no idea how they could make the colours so neat and perfect.

Take your time to blog when you are well and free. I have been busy too.

Destination Infinity said...

Excellent Kolams. Probably you could try designing new kolam patterns for your mom :)

Destination Infinity

Ramakrishnan said...

Very beautiful and colorful Kolams. And very pleasing to the eyes. Making intricate kolams requires painstaking efforts and I applaud your mom for taking so much efforts.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---your Mom is very talented... I'm SO impressed...

Love all of the colors....

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Fi said...

What wonderful vibrant colours!

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan!:) Your Mom has used the pongal pots in her designs to great effect. They are really colourful and decorative.I noticed on your previous post how the rice is made in the traditional way outdoors. It's nice that these festivals continue to be observed. We should be grateful for the food we eat, and this is a great way to give thanks.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning, Jeevan. Your mom is so talented. Those colors are so vibrant and bring a smile to my heart. I love it!

Have a beachy week!
Elsie

George said...

These are all beautiful — your Mother is very creative! I love the colors.

Uppal said...

Your Mom's Kolams are wonderful. She has a steady hand for sure. Her effort is sheer bliss.

carol l mckenna said...

So creative, colorful and beautiful ~

Happy Week to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

Your mom can draw very well!