Thursday, February 08, 2018

Pongal Pot Light

BeFunky Collage

During the Pongal festival I was thinking to do something different and got the idea of putting led lights on an old Pongal pot. It was the same serial light I used on the Christmas tree, and I put the rice led around the pot and cut pasted cello tapes here and there to keep the wire on place. For the overflowing part of the pot, I blocked the mouth of the pot with a bunch of white paper and stick lights around it.

IMG-3658

First I placed it on the windowsill outside the home and then shifted it to the brick stove, that we used to make Pongal in morning with firewood at the courtyard. And it looked really good lighting from the shutdown brick stove and we left it that way for the four days of Pongal festival and people passing by the road too would have got a glimpse.

Linking this post for  Good Fences by Gosia... and you could see our sitout fence/rai in picture above

11 comments:

Gosia said...

I love your festival

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) It looks really pretty Jeevan.:) A good idea!

Lady Fi said...

lovely lights!

Krishna/കൃഷ്ണ said...

Nice Idea

Devilish Angel said...

Innovative idea Jeevan...

Nancy Chan said...

Very pretty! Thank you for your comments on my post concerning the little bird. Your are right, it is tailorbird. Now I know the name of the bird that frequents my garden. Thank you for providing the right identification!

Ramakrishnan said...

Ingenious idea Jeevan ! The pot with LED lights looks very beautiful.

GreenComotion said...

I love the novel idea and your photos.
Well done, Jeevan!
Have a Happy Day!
Peace :)

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful light photos ~ all very creative!

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Twilight Man said...

You are so creative to think of this idea. This is my first time seeing a pongal pot being lighted up so nicely. I am sure your house and family received good blessings!

rankbooster786 said...

Hey, Dear

Your blog is awesome.

I loved and enjoyed to reading this blog

Thanks
4 Inch Slim Panel LED Lights