Friday, April 24, 2020

Life changing Covid 19 - 30 days into lockdown

I think the real challenges wait for us only when the lockdown is relaxed, because, so far, almost, I personally feel secure during this lockdown period even though I wasn't content with the indifference in people I connected. People talk about the difficulties of daily labourers, who survive on daily wages, forgetting their own lack of contribution in social distancing and wearing masks which is what going to improve the situation and help the poorer, quicker to get back to their livelihoods.  I don’t think we all could get back to our previous life exactly, because the Covid 19 had almost turned down or blocked the way life progressed as we exposed to rise in transmission of virus, we’re forced to stay home to stay safe and take precaution measures to prevent spreading of virus.
Social distancing comes natural to these ladies... walking back to their houses carrying firewood on their heads, after picking it up in forest near Kukkal in Kodaikanal. Image shot last year during a holiday in mountains.
We have almost used to this custom of lockdown in last 30 days of implement, throughout India, though some continue to act like breaking down the lockdown, three-quarter of people supports the system to hunt down the virus completely. Though we all know this virus is not easily destructive and it could continue to popup anytime into the future unless a vaccine is found, social distancing and masking would become a trend and necessity in our daily life. We, now, have enough time to think about the future and how to adapt to a new lifestyle we supposed to take over once the lockdown is relaxed and the preventive measures to take despite whatever the work we do further.

Lockdown or Curfew is very new to most of us but we have heard this word in news and movies and Jammu & Kashmir, the northern state of India, frequently go through this in order to control terrorism and protests and some districts in south Tamil Nadu had faced the curfew due to certain issues. Now, the entire country, and most of the countries in world imposed lockdown clearly to bring down the number of covid 19 cases and to break the chain of spreading virus and this is the only way WHO prescribed to the world, following the success of China. The earth and the air is pollution free now, but we’re forced to wear mask! See how miserable man on earth, he could not enjoy two things at a same and need to sacrifice something to get another.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dünyayı felç etti covid 19

Tom said...

...when we return to "normal" I wonder what that will be like!

George said...

I agree with you that our daily lives have been changed because of the virus, and will continue to be changed even after lockdowns are relaxed. The lockdowns have helped here in Tennessee, and some of the restrictions will be lifted starting Monday. Some business will be able to reopen, athough social distancing and masks will still be required.

Bill said...

The new virus brings along a new normal.

carol l mckenna said...

So true what you have written ~ life will never be like it was ~ the past is gone ~ all we have is the present and the future unknown ~ even more so now ~ One day at a time ~

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The virus has changed our lives and now we must adapt to the new normal. I hope they can find a vaccine. Take care, stay safe.
Have a happy new week!

Anita said...

HeiJeevan!

A very good post today!I agree so much With you!
In India there are so much People.Everywhere.and have they to go to work for their daliy supplyment of Food and to pay bills--I think it must be very difficult for the poor--I dont know if you still use the "Kastesystem"but anyway so bad that that is, it can prevent People coming to Close..and not get infected

I personally think what the leader of The WHO says..We have not seen the Worst yet(he said that some days ago)

It seems that the virus is the most sly and smart thing we have ever seen..I quess you already know it is not only the lungs affected..but Our Whole system..It can takes months or years or a life time to get recovered for the most infected(!6 days in a respirator)

Iam also worried what the world will do after this to obtain Money again

Ohh well there is alot of Things to worrie about but my brain says no..I can not think of all this..all the time..

I hope we get a cure soon But before that, we Wash Our hands and have distance to each other.Not go out only to work and to buy some Food once a week..
I
I love the photo you shared!India is a beautiful country With very much wisdom and good thinking (and good hot Food!)

I hope Your country will be safe and not get to many lost in the Corona

And a big hug to you that is so brave blogging about this

Many kisses from me

Stay home and healthy!

Anita



Nancy Chan said...

I think life will never be the same again after the lockdown.

Nancy Chan said...

I think it will take some time for us to feel as ease in crowds and I am sure every time a person near us cough, we will distance ourselves from him or her. I wonder whether we will continue to wear mask after the lockdown is lifted.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you wrote, Jeevan. I think it will take time for us to navigate our "new" normal. My hope is that a vaccine will be found soon.

Stay healthy and safe,
Elsie

Sandi said...

I am amazed that those women can carry that firewood so easily! But in the photo's background I am struck by how beautiful India is. It is like a paradise. Bless you, Jeevan. I hope the world becomes better from all of this.