Saturday, June 27, 2020

Fever Triggered fear

Two weeks passed since I blogged. Lap times turned nap times – laptop unopened in last ten days.  Anxious ran through the nerves. Mind struggled to grasp anything that comes into attention. The days are hot as ever reflected up on me and I fell into fever that lasted more than a week. First my father caught fever and we feared really but his temperature is back to normal after two days on medicine. And before he touched norm fever clutched me and refused to give up until a doctor’s intervention and strong medicine to light down the heat. Being a pandemic period it is not easy to take anything lighter and more than the suffering from fever, the fear of what it could be jammed me. I know I was cautious with my every step into the pandemic field and keep reminding my dear ones to follow the same but we can’t be certain that everything is under control.

First it was guessed as viral fever because of normal blood test report but yesterday’s urine culture report reveals bacterial infection in urinary system and doctor told to take antibiotic injections for 5 consecutive days and he’s sending his staff to home to inject me daily.  He isn’t a regular doctor I visit, but I have no option as there’s any other doctor available and small hospitals are either closed or refuse to see fever patients in my neighbourhood. After more than 3 months, I stepped out of the house to visit the diagnostic centre in neighbourhood for the blood urine test and I was allowed only after the thermal scanning, which showed fever, but still they allowed perhaps I am regularly testing there.  I expressed my anxiety of fever in facebook and the fiends there really supported me and encouraged to think positive and now I have no fever and the nausea also reduced drastically. I’m on the second day on injection and injection is something I haven’t gone through in a decade is painful to take. Hope I get back to norm soon.4

Covid is something really reaching new peaks daily in Chennai and continues to be second hotspot of India. Chennai and its neighbouring districts are under complete lockdown until June 30 and it could be extended apparently to keep down the death and spreading rate. Take care and stay safe
Thank you

16 comments:

Tom said...

...these day spooky times, take care and stay strong. You and your family want to be healthy!

L. D. said...

You do need to take care. I hope you get enough antibiotics to help.

Anita said...

Ohh Jeevan!I did not know you went sick!Poor man !I hope you fell better now with the medicine.

Ihope those who visit you try to have distance and you could also wear a mask if you are afraid!

Be careful Jeevan!All the best for you!

Anita

ashok said...

Get well soon Jeevan.

George said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bout with a fever, but I hope it is now completely gone and the injections are not too painful. Stay safe and well -- it is impossible to be too careful in this pandemic.

Shilpa said...

Yes jeevan you will definitely get better . Dont worry . Nothing will happen

Bill said...

I hope you recover soon, Jeevan. Take it slow and get back your strength.

carol l mckenna said...

Glad you are better ~ frightening for you and family I am sure ~ we are all so vulnerable ~ Sending you lots of distant healing energy hugs ~

Be Well, Be Safe,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

kestrel said...

Do take care Jeevan, it is really difficult to be sick during this period as we worry whether it is Covid-19 or just a flu or maybe the weather is too hot. All kinds of thoughts come in and we worry more. Antibiotics will clear the UTI, drink more fluids and stay positive. Get better real quick so your nap time can be lap time again!!

Destination Infinity said...

I am sure you'll recover. Get well soon, Jeevan.

Destination Infinity

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fever sounds scary. I do wish you well, take care. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh My Goodness... Your fever/infection sounds scary --especially now, with Covid-19 all around. Please stay safe and get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids....

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hugs,
Betsy

Krishna (കൃഷ്ണ) said...

Get well soon.

Thanks

Lady Fi said...

Take care! <3

Shilpa said...

How are you now jeevan ?

Pradeep Nair said...

Get well soon, Jeevan.
One of my colleagues had a bout of fever and throat pain.
With a dose of antibiotics, he is fine now.
Hard times. The least we can do is to take as much care as possible.