Saturday, December 11, 2021

Breezy Afternoon and Bird Watching at Kanyakumari

(a following of previous post)

The afternoon and sea breeze always move me, and how could I miss the pleasure when it blows from three sides of the sea; Kanyakumari bestows me the same when I stay back in the garden of the guest house after lunch; the wind was enough to send for a comfortable and lazy sleep. I never take a nap in the evening, so to beat time before we get ready to visit other places, I chilled under the shadows of trees, and in one corner of the guest house complex, cops were relaxing from their parked vehicle and on the park benches. 

Garden space of the guest house complex.

The place we stayed was very close to the center of the tourist destination. The junction from where the roads lead to the beach, boat deck, and other monuments line the shore. The paths further from there are congested by shops; all the buses and other vehicles parked near the junction create a roar. And besides that, the cops on the microphone occasionally blare, controlling the crowd and vehicle. 

Clock tower at the junction.

The rooms allotted for us were a little further from the noise except for the cop's alarm; it was quiet and peaceful to let everyone relax around. By later afternoon we moved out to explore other places, leaving mom and grandma, who were to board the cruise to the rocks of Vivekananda and Thiruvalluvar. 

I visited the Vattakotta fort, a beautiful square-shaped fort on the shore of the Bay of Bengal - 6km from Kanyakumari in the northeast direction. Vattakotta is a conjoined Tamil word of  Vatta and Kotta, meaning Circle Fort. But in my observation, the fort looked more square than a circle! I will make a detailed post on it later, now leave you with a couple of birds shots. I shot it along the driveway of the guest house.



The mynas and egret were foraging along the driveway of the guest house. I shot the birds before checking out the guest house the next day. I did not mind leaving that place; the majestic monuments along the coast and the grand view of the three seas fascinated me. I want to come back one day, but that day is still away.

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The garden looks beautiful. Great sighting of the Egret with the Myna birds.
Sounds like a great trip and tour. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend.. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...the garden is lovely!

George said...

This looks like a delightful place to visit. I hope you get back there in the future.

Sandi said...

That is a really beautiful view of the garden.

Bill said...

Very attractive garden. I love the clock tower and the mynas and egret, what a pleasure to see. Enjoy your day, Jeevan.

carol l mckenna said...

Great photos of the birds and resort where you stayed ~ fun ~ Xo


Happy Week to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a nice place to visit and take lots of photos! You saw some neat birds!

Nancy Chan said...

I like the beautiful garden. Sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

Anita said...

oh so nice to see your place!
Sorry not come here before my blogg roll has been out of function but now it is working and I will add you to the new files

Happy day to you Jeevan!

Yvonne said...

I looked at your previous post to better understand this post. Although your trip started out a little troublesome, you arrived at a destination that is so beautiful. Sea on three sides, a quiet space when you want it, and all the new sites to see; no wonder you were so happy. Nice photos of the birds and gardens.

Sakuranko said...

Oh very interesting clock tower