Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Another level of challenge… waits ahead

A very difficult phase is waiting for us ahead. Before I say why, I need to tell my life isn’t myself but made of two more lives and do you want me to say what the other two was? Of course, who could be other than my mom and dad? We three were a ring of cycle and any damage or cause happens at any part of the circle will affect the rotate of the cycle. From the beginning, they were the two pillars supporting my entire life, though every parent support their children but the things carried out to be haven’t been same and my life is totally depend on them although they gave me complete freedom of thought and decision making of my own which has never been apart them. There have been many occasions where one has to take care of me in absence of another and they have managed it well all these years despite the difficulties but the upcoming days can’t be same as mom is waiting for a surgery tomorrow.

She has been suffering from prolapsed uterus for last few years and doctor has suggested her to go for operation to remove the uterus before it become complicate but she continued to postpone all these days only because of me – thinking who could lift me or help dad if she got operation. Because she was advised not (at all) to lift anything heavy post operation and complete rest for 45 days. Though the 45 days rest couldn’t be that matter since dad could manage (taking care of me) with the help of my brother and uncle, and the aunt and grandma could help making dishes. But quite no to lifting (for mom) will sure make a broken hand for dad and we can’t expect others to be there all the time and dad too has works to do and leaving alone mom could be very difficult. Though she could help me all other ways rather than lifting, will add load on dad and there will be the need of Hoist lot.

Lately she was feeling very difficult and pain in abdomen and it forced her to look out for a relief and remedy where there is the only option, an operation to acquire relief. She had never undergone a surgery in her life and being the first one, anxiety is not an easy thing to come out though she looks stronger and confidence and wanting for a relief is what I could see in her. She will be admitted to the hospital in evening for further check-ups before going into the operation tomorrow. Initially we prefer for a laparoscopic surgery but due to prolapse doctor decided to go for the surgical operation and she would be in hospital for next 3 days. I wish she got the best treatment and nothing goes out of planning (because we lost our great grandma a decade back due to a surgical mistake for the same cause) and this should be the first and last operation in her life. I have seen her suffering all these days and when she lifts me she would feel pain at abdomen later but despite these she continued to support me and I wish, and hope you too wish her the best, great sigh of relief.

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Praying for your mom, Jeevan. God bless you.

Destination Infinity said...

Wishing your mom a speedy recovery. Try your best to keep her mood and spirit confident throughout the treatment.

Destination Infinity

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Jeevan --I am SO sorry to hear this... I pray that your Mom will come through the surgery with no problems... But--the hardest part for her will be NO LIFTING and lots of rest for 45 days once she is home... You and your father will need to call on friends and relatives to help do some of the things which your mother usually does... Maybe your brother or your uncle can help with the lifting.... Is there money available to hire and pay some young and strong man to help?

I am sorry --but somehow, with help from the Almighty, you will get through this.... Just remember that I am praying for you.

Hugs,
Betsy

L. D. said...

I pray for you mom to have a successful surgery. Having it removed will help prevent other kinds of problems in her life that could be far more serious. Things will work out for you but it will be a struggle for a long while. Take care.

George said...

I hope and pray that your mother's surgery goes well and that she will soon be pain-free and home.

carol l mckenna said...

Sending lots of healing energy hugs to your Mom, you and your family ~ xxx

Happy Week to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Twilight Man said...

I truly understand the worries and concern you are going through now. My prayers for your mum's speedy recovery. India has one of the best doctors and hospitals in the world which convinces me that your mother will definitely be in good hands. Every year thousands of my country's students would pursue their medical studies in India too.

Anonymous said...

So sad to hear your story. Mothers are the backbones for everyone. They hide their sorrows to keep their family happy. Will keep her in prayers. She will soon be free from her pain and you three will have a beautiful life together...

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and to your mom (and dad too). I'm sending healing vibes as well. Your mom is tough in spirit and tough in heart. Much love to all of you.

Elsie

Anonymous said...

I hope your mom is doing well and that the surgery brings her relief from her pain. I wish for the 45 days of recovery to pass quickly and smoothly for your family!