Wednesday, December 18, 2019

In Month of Cold

I switched off the ceiling fan
as wind blows the coolest,
heart yearns for a warm hug
the moment slipped
between noon and evening.

I took pleasure, as sunlight
took a bright step into the home;
the air still filled by cold
sends goose bumps
to places could not define.

The wind is colder
when blows through the alley,
the back door become a cooler
to chill down everything
rather my heartburns sometime.

I feel for a warm embrace
what does my blanket at night,
and from the arms of dad
there is no wonder
December is a month of cold.

7 comments:

Sandi said...

Well said. It is cold here too.

carol l mckenna said...

Jeevan ~ Sending you lots healing energy hugs ~ Wonderful poetry ~ ^_^

Happy Moments to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Nice writing, I really like it. I'm always cold this time of year especially when I leave my warm bed in the morning.
Have a wonderful day, Jeevan.

L. D. said...

I hope you have a way to get warm.

Nancy Chan said...

The weather is cooler during this monsoon season and sometimes we can sleep comfortably without switching on the fan.

George said...

It’s cold here as well, but I couldn’t express the way I feel about it as well as you do.

ashok said...

You caught the season in ur poem