Friday, July 10, 2020

Skywatch Friday: Rainbows


Last week the weather turned wonderful one evening and the sky formed storm clouds that almost supposed to rain.  But things turned different and surprise, when a rainbow appear on the sky.  I have seen rainbows before but I don’t remember when I saw one last in my city, Chennai. My neighbour pointed out the rainbow that curved up above the sky just outside the balcony and I was out already watching the sky and the storm clouds scattering instead gathered to rain.


First the rainbow appeared mild in colors and was difficult to notice but sooner the colors increased to look amazing and it was a nice curve and I don’t know it made quite a bow. Actually it was a double rainbow and I didn’t notice the second bow, which appeared mild, until I look into the picture. My camera couldn’t capture the colors perhaps because of bright sunlight and these are mobile shots from iPhone se. 

To say the sky's the only changing things in my life for last few months or from the time of pandemic began; sky watching has become an activity and I go out into the balcony to see the sky after I wake up and got ready and do the same before go to bed. I don’t know why I want to see the sky or at least want to see a star or anything celestial before get into the bedroom and I think it’s perhaps because of lockdown and fewer activities on road want me to look for something active even though I know the celestial activities aren't quicker.

Linking this post with Skywatch Friday

16 comments:

Tom said...

...a rainbow is a beautiful sighting.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Seeing the rainbows is a treat! They look beautiful. I can see the second rainbow, great sky captures! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Shilpa said...

Very beautiful

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Lovely!

Bill said...

You caught a beauty of a rainbow, Jeevan. Fantastic shot, have a wonderful weekend.

George said...

I'm glad you were able to see and capture the rainbow. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Gosia said...

take care. greetings from Poland

ashok said...

Sign of Hope!

Destination Infinity said...

I don't remember the last time I saw a real rainbow directly. Good catch!

Destination Infinity

Blog de la Licorne. said...

What a lovely sky to look at ❤

Blog de la Licorne * Instagram * We♥It

Light and Voices said...

Because of lockdown, I too watch the sky first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Glad you saw the first rainbow and then the camera captured the second rainbow. Awesome!

carol l mckenna said...

magnificent rainbow photos ~ what a gift to see and capture the rainbow ~


Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy Chan said...

You have captured a beautiful rainbow. Take care and stay safe.

Krishna (കൃഷ്ണ) said...

Beautifully captured...

Thanks Jeevan

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful sight to behold! It's funny, the last two weeks, I've seen so many people post pictures of rainbows they've seen. It's almost like mother nature is giving us a break from this virus. Thank you for sharing!

Click link below for my new domain. Warmly,
Elsie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great post.... Rainbows make all of us smile... AND --we need to smile, as we go through this horrible virus....

Stay safe and healthy.
Hugs,
Betsy