Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Overrun Smartphones

Smartphones rules is what everyone would accept all-round. There’s lot of benefits using smartphones and it’s almost a pocket computer connected with internet, which means reaching every nook and corners of the world. But at same time there are many addicted to the device which means of killing themselves if they lost or someone prevent them from using smartphones. Though everyone beyond age difference uses smartphones, the young girls are so much attached to the gadgets where even they would drop their boyfriends but not their smartphones. I read news in paper where a marriage has been cancelled in Uttar Pradesh, when the bridegroom family learns that the bride is addicted to Whatsapp and was always online, sending messages nonstop to their family members. Additional news I read today was a judge at Jharkhand court has investigated a case through Whatsapp, for what the Supreme Court has condemn.


I think the smartphones and social networking is overrunning its need and we are out of touch from the real caress and brush. I feel our basic sense is challenged as we continue to rely on smartphones; our relationships are affected to a state of broke down. There’s a woman works as a housemaid at the neighbour’s house and she often brings her daughter along to perhaps help her and she looks like someone in her late teen and school dropped, held the phone always in her ear. Sometime she was loud talking passing our home and was also bold in uttering words that most would hold secret. There’s a young lady at the opposite house who used to keep talking once entered a call and go on walking the street until she end the call. She used to sit outside her home in evenings with mobile while her son plays around she keep doing messaging with an eye around. There’s another young mother in neighbour’s house who do the same whenever seen but from an iPad, which almost cover her side face. And I really wonder how she holds that size always in hand and up to the ear.

As I talk about others, I couldn’t give a miss to one of my cousin who’s always on her smartphone.  She keeps away her mobile is pretty rare and sometime use it even while at charge. Her mobile frequently beep with message notifications and she’s couldn’t do anything or look tense until checkout what’s up. I know two ladies who’re always on smartphone. Though we are friends in Facebook, they the sis-in-laws of my maternal aunt is so much used to smartphones and one of them is intense where she continues to share whatever forwarded to her. Other day the both came to our house to invite for one of their newly built home, where I noticed they don’t let down their mobiles. Both aged above 50, their devotion to smartphone is really wondering. I too use smartphone and more lately but I’m not a kind or influenced by the smartphone to keep on checking. There are days I unchecked the phone and I’m not an instant responder to any notification or message. Perhaps my online friends circle is small and mostly built on blog friends; I don’t get frequent messages and updates that much. There’s another cousin of mine who used to hang on mobile and he also carry a power bank along! I may sound complaining and I know that everyone’s part of this company but overworking may result in some other way unhealthy and we should make certain the smartphones doesn’t overrun our intelligence or make feel numb.

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Smart phones can be good and bad. They can take over people's lives when they should interacting with other it is bad. maybe everyone should limit their smart phone usage, spend more time with loved ones. Have a happy day!

Bill said...

I don't have a smart phone but everyday I see people with them and yes they seem addicted. The bad side of it all is that people are missing out on life. Interacting socially will be very awkward for those people. I just think it is a sad experience. I know technology is good but it also bad too when you overdo it.
Nice post Jeevan and have a great Wednesday.

carol l mckenna said...

Great post on 'smart phones' ~ they have changed the world but not always for the better ~ Too many people don't talk with each other ~ strange world we are building.

Glad to hear there was party and that you are in your new home ~ hope it is all you hoped for and then some ^_^

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores

Destination Infinity said...

The issue is, our lifestyles are making us go far away from loved ones, hence the need to connect with other people through smartphones. We don't realize when the need becomes an addiction!

Destination Infinity

Lady Fi said...

So true! I love my smartphone as a tool, but I read recently that it's ruining relationships - especially for young people who would rather chat over the phone than meet in person.

Twilight Man said...

My wife has been criticizing me for being hooked onto my smartphone. I am trying hard to overcome my addiction.

Nancy Chan said...

It is true that smartphone has taken over the world in an amazing way. Young and old alike are hooked on the smartphone!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with you, Jeevan. As you know from my blog, this digital age can be both a blessing and a curse. It's great to have knowledge at our fingertips but all things in moderation.

Elsie

ashok said...

smart phones will make people dumb in the future...?

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I stumbled over here coming from a different web
address and thought I may as well check things
out. I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward to looking
at your web page again.

Twilight Man said...

Many people have become slaves to handphones here. Many parents use the smartphones and iPads as baby sitters for their restless and noisy kids.

George said...

I very much enjoyed reading your thoughts about smartphones and social media. It is the same over here. Some people seem to have their smartphone permanently attached to their bodies.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hello Jeevan, I came to your blog from Karen’s, and I very much agree with your observatiins in this post. People of all ages are allowing electronic devices to overtake their lives and it is very unfortunate. I also have a smart phone and many times will mute the volume so as not to be disturbed. People need to connect with one another up close and personal and that is being ignored.

Anonymous said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this website.
I'm hoping to view the same high-grade blog posts by you
in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me
to get my own blog now ;)