Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Operated on Stents

As you all know the status of my dad, who goes through clogs in coronary artery, was hospitalized yesterday for the stenting and the stents were planted on his heart successfully. We took nearly two weeks’ time to decide from either open heart or placing of stents for the blocks on coronary artery and it wasn’t an easier task as we consulted couple more doctors, open heart has been their first preference but only on our insist they suggest stent as second option and to be done from their referred doctors or hospitals. One of the doctors was strong that open heart is best, but his activities can’t be same and need to be hospitalized for 10 days and more recovery days at home. I know how painful it could be for him if he go through a major operation like open heart and we aren’t in a mind-set to see him suffer from great wounds and feeling sick. So we went back to where we begin, the doctor who guessed and took angiogram to reveal the blocks. He was clear and positive about having stents, and thankfully the major blocks isn’t on the main artery, so his opinion of having stents don’t create serious problems if dad was in controlled diet and continuation of medicine. 

Some report on net says stents aren’t recommended for diabetic patients and those survive on insulin injection. Though my dad was on diabetic for 15 years, which was taken into deep consideration, it was the doctor’s words gave hope and confidence to go for stents. Dad was at CCU from yesterday afternoon to this evening, before shifted to general ward and he’s doing well now and he called me twice after the surgery. Mom and brother were at hospital on exchange duty, where she would be with me at night and visit him on day and same was with brother. My grandmother was at home and my uncles and cousin helps me with day activities. Dad will be discharged tomorrow evening and would be at rest for a month before catch up with regular activities. And being a pensioner the partial amount for stenting will be covered under insurance.  I can’t even image him going through open heart and I’m glad the stents working on him and hope it continues to support him.  

10 comments:

Lady Fi said...

Such good news! Hurray.

Bill said...

I wish your dad a speedy and heathy recovery. I imagine that there is some relief for you and your family now that he has his stents put in and is on the road to recovery.
Thanks for posting this update, Jeevan.

Destination Infinity said...

Glad to know that stents are working. I wish he is back to regular activities very soon. You'll have to give him strength through your confidence and words. Mental strength too important for speedy recovery.

Destination Infinity

carol l mckenna said...

Sending lots of healing energy to your Dad for a strong recovery and lots of prayers for you and your family ~

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Uppal said...

Good news. Your dad will be alright soon. Keep up your and his good spirits!

Anonymous said...

I'll hold your dad in my thoughts and prayers and hope for a speedy recovery, Jeevan. My dad also had issues with his heart for many years. I'm so grateful your dad will be home where he belongs so he can be surrounded by love and be back on his feet again.

Elsie

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I am glad your Dad's surgery was successful. I hope he will be happy to come home and enjoy rest and relaxation. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day. Have a great weekend ahead.

Kirtivasan Ganesan said...

Good news!! My prayers for well being and health and happiness.

L. D. said...

That is good news. I know most people feel better after the procedure.

Twilight Man said...

India has the best and advanced medical facilities today. I trust that your dad will be in good hands. My later father underwent triple bypass heart surgery and I could not forget the worries and ordeal that came along.