Friday, February 24, 2023

Nephews Time

It's been ten days since my nephew Kavin went to his maternal grandparents' home; life seems void, and I feel like I'm missing him, which I haven't shown anybody. I know he needs this break, and we can't always hold him because his maternal side has the right to spend time with him, and he hasn't visited them in two months. 

Even though he causes trouble and is sometimes stubborn, his sweetness, tenderness, and care move me to my core in ways I haven't felt before. He was on video call last night and started crying when he saw my mom and a worried expression on my and my father's faces. He's so attached to my mother that he could spend an entire day with her without his parents, which is difficult for her now, no matter how much she relaxes these days. 

Kavin has the ability to enchant anyone with his intellect, and these days we miss the booster for life in his absence. I'm glad he got to play with other little kids (from Kavin's maternal aunt) at his grandparents' house because he has to play alone here or with adults like us who can't meet their needs unless my other nephew Jeswanth arrives. However, putting the two nephews together causes a commotion because they both want to do the same things. 

There's nothing as challenging as watching these kids play together without pulling or pushing each other and playing tug of war for the same thing because we could not scold one while leaving the other, which may cause embarrassment within the relationship between adults. Even though we know it's a random thing that happens when two kids meet, I want their relationship to remain one of the friends despite their disparate attitudes.   

These are casual images taken last month when the kids spent time together, and Kavin, who is easily prone to cold, was packed in a woolen monkey cap to keep the winter cold at bay, and he wore the same one on the trip to Kodaikanal last month. 

My contribution to Skywatch Friday: A beautiful sky from Kodaikanal


11 comments:

Jim said...

Beautiful sky.

Tom said...

...they sure are growing quickly!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

What a cutie. I can sure see why you miss him!

ashok said...

Cute guys.. Wonderful experience to watch them grow Jeevan

Joyful said...

Beautiful sky shots. I hope little Kavin can be back with you soon enough to make more wonderful memories.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Making memories for these two young guys.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your nephew is adorable, I am glad you could spend time together.
Have a happy weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh sweet nephews and see why you miss him and great sky photo ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

The young fellows are getting big, glad you all enjoy the time together. Nice sky shot, Jeevan.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jeevan :=)

Children can be a handful at times, with their endless questions and boundless energy, but it's a joy to see their little personalities as they grow up, their expressive faces, ideas, curiosity, their sweet innocence, and those happy moments when they laugh with you will be long remembered by you both. I'm so pleased you could spend time with your nephews.
Have a great week Jeevan, and thank you for passing by.
All the best.

Nancy Chan said...

When kids are around, they tired us out but when they are not with us, we miss them terribly.