Monday, February 20, 2023

RGB Monday

 Colorful kolams from the neighborhood that was drawn for Pongal.


These are kolams drawn by my childhood friend Karthi's wife! She is a talented woman who does well in the arts. I have shared her Pongal kolams already here in 2021. Last year she didn't draw anything, and when I think about why I remember that she was pregnant then and now a mother of a 7- or 8-month-old cute baby girl. I met the baby a couple of times when I went for an evening walk on Sundays; the baby was so delicate and small compared with other kids her age to bear at hand.

During the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi, she makes the Ganesh idol out of clay with her own hands.

7 comments:

Tom said...

...they are beautiful.

ashok said...

Very nice :)

George said...

These are beautiful.

Bill said...

Very pretty.

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful and colourful kolam.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Beautiful Kolams ~so creative and colorful ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

L. D. said...

I always enjoy seeing the designs. I like the colors and they do them so well.