Thursday, October 25, 2018

Cutting off some Green

IMG_7005

On Tuesday morning, as I saw the mango tree in the house opposite to ours was pruning, I instantly took a snap on the tree before it lose some green limbs. Seems the tree has overgrown or got dense to block their ventilation or lighting, and I see it as a regular activity on the tree to sustain its shape and size with northeast monsoon expected to begin next week, the rain would  help the tree thrive much better to reproduce mangoes in summer. Our street has many trees either grown on roadside or inside the residential houses, alike the one in image gives wonderful look and shadows on the street. My cousin has planted couple of trees along the compound of houses opposite of our house and it has thrived greatly which I could share at another post. Picture here was shot through my balcony fence or rail.

Linking this post for  Good Fences by Gosia 

7 comments:

Bill said...

Nice capture, I have never seen a mango tree before, thanks for sharing.

carol l mckenna said...

Jeevan that is an impressive railing for your balcony and neat photo of the tree trimming ~ I love mangoes!

Happy Day to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lady Fi said...

What a lovely tree!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is great you have the fruit trees growing and I love the palm. I like mangos. It looks like a large tree. Have a great day and weekend.

Destination Infinity said...

It's a good idea to plant such trees if there is space. Quite profitable :) But the EB dept. in my area is overactive and wants us to cut even malli poo chedi as it might touch the electric cables!!

Destination Infinity

Gosia said...

fantastic pictures

messymimi said...

Trees are great, nice for shade and food, yet they do need to be kept far enough from the house to not cause damage.