Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sunday Afternoon


In the silence of the afternoon

a squirrel screeched from the bushes

neither signaling its mate nor scared of prey

went silent later, as if it ended either way.


Rolling of the brass cuboid dice

the metal sounds from another side

slide me down the memory lane, like fall colors

memories of a cheerful period fall back.


A flock of birds in the background babble

indicates the return of the yellow-billed babblers

the crazy noisy guys, who always hangout to ground

kept me from joining, as I lifted to the first floor.


A sound of the saw at a distance

came distracting me as rooster began its crow

the day reached its edge and a sip of tea

lighter the evening, as the sun, drops its glow.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you are having a wonderful day.

Anita said...

Very nice poem Jeevan!

Bill said...

Beautiful poem, Jeevan. I could envision those sounds as I read them.
Have a great day!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful poetry and so serene especially ending the day with a lovely cup of tea ~ ^_^

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ashok said...

Feel good poem :)

Twilight Man said...

So well written and expressed. It made me feel so relaxed.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I enjoy all the sounds of nature. Great poem!
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great new week!

Nancy Chan said...

Nice poem. Have a beautiful day.

George said...

Thanks for another beautiful poem.