Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Despite I Smile


How long should I pretend to be happy?

To smile, while I actually couldn’t

Just like the smiley yellow ball - stress reliever

I was squeezed to smile.


While I pass through various emotions

The heart hurts the most, to break up

Despite creamy layers of joy or love try to forget

The scars remind me of the same.


And I tried to keep emotions at bay

But like a gale, I was pushed ashore

To pause and pursuit the same

To, lash repeatedly into the shore. 

9 comments:

Tom said...

...smiling always beats crying!

Sandi said...

It is beautifully worded, but full of sorrow.

Bill said...

Emotional words, very powerful. I like this!
Have a good day, Jeevan.

Nancy Chan said...

It is not easy to try to put a smile on your face when the inside is hurting and crying.

George said...

You put into beautiful words the feelings that are often behind a smile.

Anonymous said...

This really moved me, Jeevan. Very well written. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Warmly,
Elsie

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Very emotional poem.
Smiling can relieve stress, feel more positive.
Take care, enjoy your day!

carol l mckenna said...

Need to release the 'negativity' and and move on to positive thoughts to heal ~ not always easy ~ sigh. Lovely poetry.

Live each moment with love,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

L. D. said...

Great verse.