Thursday, October 01, 2020

October for Me

 

October, often reminds me of Mahatma Gandhi’s specs perhaps because the O – the first letter of the month October – resembles the shape of Gandhi’s specs and moreover October 2nd is Gandhi’s birthday and it could be the reason to connect O with his specs. Gandhi’s birthday is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanthi and we’re proud to say he’s the father of our nation!  

October Sky is one of my favourite movies and the teens experiment with rockets in the movie reminds me of the childhood days as kids when we explode firecrackers and the Indian festival of light, aka Diwali or Deepavali also often fall on the month of October is appropriate to connect. Diwali is a festival that we could not be far from fireworks or firecrackers and it is fun to play with those and watch rockets boom the sky with light and colours stroke a chord of sight.

Ayutha Poojai is another childhood delight that falls in the month of October this year. The festival celebrates weapons or tools, is conducted to maintain and cleans the machineries that helps in production and day-to-day activities will pull-off for a day or two to give rest to them and worship for the wellness of machineries and business. I grew up watching my uncle’s garage as our home was adjoined then and putting a step outside the home is left into the garage. So I don't need to say how well I put on delight during the Ayudha poojai festival which is celebrated as a family festival that please me when I join the employees  in decorating and cleaning the workshop. The festival was so delightful until my uncle was alive (he passed away in Dec 2001) and later they celebrated the festival but the spirit went missing. You can check the link here to read how delightful the festival was then.

October is the starting season of Northeast monsoon which bestows with rain across south east India and dipping of temperature makes favourable weather for traveling. Except for the areas along the Western Ghats, the Tamil Nadu experiences hot weather across the plains and it is from Oct to Feb the weather turns cooler. And it was the time I love to travel as it is a pleasure to do the same with windows rolled down rather using AC – only for highways cruising and dusty roads – the weather out here is inviting for a ride but I do remember the pandemic isn’t over.  I wish at the same time the monsoon flourishes this year at least to say 2020 wasn’t drought!

Hope all is well at your side and great month ahead.

9 comments:

ashok said...

Have a great October

Tom said...

...you have a lot to be thankful for in October.

Lady Fi said...

I love October too - it's a pretty time of year for us here.

Bill said...

October is the favorite time of the year for my wife. She loves the cooler weather and so do I. Happy month to you, Jeevan. Stay safe!

carol l mckenna said...

October sounds wonderful for you the way you have written about it ~

Happy October to you ~ be well, be safe ~ ^_^

Live with love each moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Shilpa said...

I also like october times because its winter starting and my favourite navarathri falls in and this year I am just waiting for good things to happen around and i hope everything is fine at your end also

George said...

You have many reasons to celebrate and enjoy the month of October. I hope you have a great month.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Happy October, it is a great month. The weather is a lot nicer, at least here I hope. Sounds like you will have a month of celebration and happy times for you. Take care, enjoy your day! Happy weekend!

Twilight Man said...

The daily Covid cases are too high in India. I hope everyone will be safe always.